Do you want to learn to get more competitive BMW M2 insurance in Seattle? Having to pay for pricey auto insurance in Seattle can eat up your savings and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparing rates annually is a great way to make ends meet.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,202, Washington drivers could save themselves as much as 40% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare other rate quotes.
Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to find the cheapest price on BMW M2 insurance in Seattle.
You should take the time to compare prices at least once a year because insurance prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the best quotes on BMW M2 insurance in Seattle two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the quickest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. Locating the best insurance company for you in Seattle can be much easier if you know how to start. Nevertheless, Washington car owners do need to learn how the larger insurance companies price online insurance and use it to your advantage.
Low-cost BMW insurance prices in Seattle
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Don’t overlook these BMW M2 insurance discounts
Some providers do not advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Seattle auto insurance online.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you low cost BMW M2 insurance.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data collection to look at driving manner remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Distant Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will help lower the amount you have to pay.
Some of the larger companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. For a list of companies who offer discounts in Seattle, follow this link.
It’s not one size fits all
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is glass protection for?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Comparing rates from local Seattle insurance agents
Many drivers would rather have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Seattle who will give you bids for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is there a local claims center in Seattle?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Seattle auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Seattle exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you contact a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Seattle that are able to give comparison quotes.
Cheaper auto insurance rates are out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Seattle can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Seattle auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at these sites:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)