Do you want more affordable GMC Yukon insurance in Seattle? Are you regretting the purchase of an overpriced insurance policy? Say no more because there are many Seattle consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance.
Unbelievable but true according to a study over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average insurance premium being $1,200, Washington drivers could save up to $400 a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheap insurance rates. Big-name insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to see through the deception and find the best price available.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on GMC Yukon insurance in Seattle a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to quote online to buy cheaper GMC Yukon insurance in Seattle.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to buy cheaper auto insurance without reducing coverage. Buying affordable auto insurance in Seattle is really not that difficult. Smart buyers just have to learn the proper methods to compare rate quotes from many different companies.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yukon SLE 2WD||$222||$376||$310||$18||$92||$1,018||$85|
|Yukon SLE 4WD||$200||$326||$282||$16||$84||$908||$76|
|Yukon SLT 2WD||$224||$390||$282||$16||$84||$996||$83|
|Yukon SLT 4WD||$306||$518||$384||$22||$114||$1,344||$112|
|Yukon Denali 2WD||$152||$294||$334||$20||$100||$900||$75|
|Yukon Denali 4WD||$138||$242||$282||$16||$84||$762||$64|
|Yukon Hybrid 2WD||$246||$516||$314||$18||$94||$1,188||$99|
|Yukon Hybrid 4WD||$224||$442||$320||$18||$96||$1,100||$92|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 2WD||$256||$476||$334||$20||$100||$1,186||$99|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 4WD||$178||$340||$344||$20||$102||$984||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease rates significantly.
Gender-based car insurance rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of GMC Yukon insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders raise GMC Yukon annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance deductibles
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease GMC Yukon insurance rates for different insured age categories. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance in Washington serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost for a GMC Yukon in Seattle, insurance is required in Washington but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your GMC at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your GMC Yukon but also your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper rates by earning discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but some need to be specifically requested before they will apply. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your insurance provider.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total Yukon insurance premium.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may qualify for reduced rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better prices if you take out life insurance from them.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Club Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on insurance.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new move discount, teen driver discount, safety features, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, and multi-car.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, driver’s education, multiple policy, good driver, safe vehicle, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for paid in full, group or association, company car, air bags, and student away at school.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, teen safety rewards, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, and drive less.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not be available in Seattle. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best GMC Yukon insurance discounts in Seattle, follow this link.
When to contact an insurance agency
Some people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is sent to companies in Seattle who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Seattle, get answers to these questions.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
If you want to use an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Agencies in Seattle can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle that can give you price quotes.
Ezra Teshome – State Farm Insurance Agent
1510 14th Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 322-3910 – View Map
Chuck McFarland – State Farm Insurance Agent
9776 Holman Rd NW #107 – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 788-4640 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Josh Boender
4453 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 932-2191 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
The following are independent agencies in Seattle that can give you rate quotes.
Gurry and Rogers Insurance Inc
1200 5th Ave #1825 – Seattle, WA 98101 – (206) 621-6444 – View Map
431 15th Ave E – Seattle, WA 98112 – (206) 329-7447 – View Map
Grange Insurance Association
200 Cedar St – Seattle, WA 98121 – (800) 247-2643 – View Map
If you feel you receive good responses as well as affordable GMC Yukon insurance rates in Seattle quotes, you may have just found an insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide car insurance.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. You are unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in Washington?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Budget-conscious GMC Yukon insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood Seattle agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide price quotes online and usually these regional carriers work with local independent agencies.
In this article, we covered many ideas to reduce GMC Yukon insurance auto insurance rates online in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tundra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)