No car owner likes paying for insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
It’s amazing but a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Most drivers in Washington could save themselves roughly $427 a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate increase brand awareness with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes at least once a year because prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Seattle a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have coverage now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. Buying affordable insurance in Seattle can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just need to learn the fastest way to shop for insurance from many different companies.
Best companies for cheap Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Washington
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Seattle car insurance quote.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Tiburon insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Seattle car insurance online.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Seattle may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Seattle car insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
Companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, safe vehicle, accident-free, multiple policy, good driver, and student away at school.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, defensive driver, daytime running lights, air bags, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for alternative fuel, homeowner, early shopping, pay in full, mature driver, switch companies, and good student.
- AAA has savings for good student, good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
- USAA may include discounts for new vehicle, multi-policy, defensive driver, military installation, and loyalty savings.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Seattle. If you would like to see a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Seattle, click here to view.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What are good deductibles for a Hyundai Tiburon?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Is my Hyundai Tiburon covered if I use it for business?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agents can help
Some people still prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Seattle that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a good Seattle insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Seattle are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Seattle exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to contact several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
The following is a list of independent agents in Seattle that can give you price quote information.
Is there deception in advertising?
Consumers in Washington can’t avoid all the ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads seem to make the promise that you’ll save big after switching to their company.
How does every company charge less that you’re paying now? Here is how they do it.
Most companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of customer that makes them money. For example, this type of driver may need to be between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. Anyone that fits those parameters receives the best rates in Seattle and will save money with a new company.
People who don’t qualify for those criteria may be required to pay a higher premium which leads to the customer not buying. If you listen closely, the ads state “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” can save as much as they claim. That is how companies can advertise the way they do. Different companies use different criteria so you really need to compare price quotes frequently. It’s impossible to know which car insurance company will have the lowest prices for your situation.
Lower rates by being persistent
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Hyundai Tiburon insurance premium rates in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Hyundai Tiburon insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Cheap Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Seattle is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
More learning opportunities
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)