How long has it been since you compared quotes for more competitive Land Rover LR3 insurance in Seattle? Sick and tired of being strong-armed to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You have the same problem as many other Washington drivers.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Many drivers in Seattle can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to go online and compare rates.
Many car insurance companies vie for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer and get the best coverage at the lowest price on Land Rover LR3 insurance in Seattle.
To find cheap prices, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from lots of Washington auto insurance companies. The easiest way to compare Land Rover LR3 insurance prices is to get quotes online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. Shopping for auto insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the peace of mind of a local agency. Although you can get the lowest quotes online but buy from a local insurance agent. It’s important to know that having more price comparisons helps you find the best offered rates.
The following companies offer price quotes in Washington. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Land Rover LR3 insurance, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Land Rover with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Land Rover at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Land Rover LR3. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Many factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower rates.
- Prevent theft and save – Buying a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
- Single drivers take more risk – Having a spouse can actually save you money on car insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when talking about car insurance. Drivers in populated areas have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both genders cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Always keep your car insurance policy in place – Driving any period of time without insurance can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Washington motor vehicle department.
- Don’t skimp on liability protection – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Some insurers provide better rates to customers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to compare Land Rover LR3 rates in Seattle to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Get discounts on Seattle insurance
Some insurers don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Seattle auto insurance quote compared to frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance companies have better insurance rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount when shopping for insurance.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount should help reduce the premium cost.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, good student, driver’s education, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for save driver, hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, new car, and student away at school.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for newly married, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, new graduate, and new vehicle discount.
Before buying, ask every company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Seattle. To see insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Seattle, click this link.
Local neighborhood Seattle car insurance agents
Many people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Seattle.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Seattle who will give competitive quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Seattle insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Seattle agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you compare prices from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Seattle that can possibly get you free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle that are able to give comparison quotes.
Mark Hafemeister – State Farm Insurance Agent
14322 Lake City Way NE – Seattle, WA 98125 – (206) 365-0600 – View Map
Selecting a auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Seattle should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Seattle?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Seattle?
- How are they compensated?
- How long has their agency been open in Seattle?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
After receiving good answers to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.
Quote more and you will save more
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cost effective Land Rover LR3 insurance is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Seattle auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)