Wish you could get out of overpriced Mercury Montego insurance in Seattle? Don’t feel bad because there are many Seattle drivers thinking the same thing.
Unbelievable but true according to a study over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Washington consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switched. Because you have many choices for buying lower-cost insurance for a Mercury Montego in Seattle, it is very difficult to choose the lowest cost company.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some need to be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Montego insurance in Seattle.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Montego insurance in Seattle.
- College Student – College-age children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, student away at school, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, family plan, and business or organization.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, military active duty, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, and education and occupation.
- 21st Century has savings for early bird, driver training, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and automatic seat belts.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, driver training, good student, anti-theft, and bundle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Seattle. To choose auto insurance companies with discount rates in Seattle, click this link.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Washington. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Five factors that determine insurance rates
Many factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but some are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers with severe violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if a court rules you are at fault for an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Most larger companies give discounts to people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Physical damage deductibles are a factor – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Being married brings a discount – Your spouse can get you a discount when buying car insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more financially stable and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Local Seattle auto insurance agents
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get lower prices and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurance company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Washington?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Seattle?
Types of auto insurance agents
When finding a local Seattle insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Seattle are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are well schooled on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle that are able to give comparison quotes.
Lucho Singh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 Harvard Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 329-4450 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get quotes from several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Seattle who can help you get comparison quotes.
If you get good answers to these questions and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mercury Montego in Seattle, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mercury, almost every bank will require that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mercury at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Mercury and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying over $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Frequent quotes can save
Low-cost Mercury Montego insurance in Seattle is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Seattle, so you need to quote Seattle car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers work with independent insurance agents.
We just showed you a lot of information how to get a better price on Mercury Montego insurance in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best premium rates are with an unexpected company. They may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.