Would you prefer to buy lower-priced insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle consumers have a choice when looking for low-cost Pontiac GTO insurance. They can either waste time calling around getting price quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the proper way to get price quotes for a Pontiac and find the best price possible from Seattle insurance agents and online providers.
This article’s goal is to tell you the best way to quote coverages and how you can save the most money. If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using this information. You just need to use the proper way to get comparison rates from many companies at once.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates for Pontiac GTO insurance in Seattle takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers have advanced systems to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide information like if you have a valid license, the ages of drivers, what your job is, and if you require a SR-22. Those rating factors is then sent to many of the top insurers and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Auto insurance is not optional in Washington
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Seattle, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Pontiac for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your Pontiac and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get lower-cost Pontiac GTO insurance in Seattle with discounts
Companies don’t always list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small discount on rates.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Good Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on GTO insurance in Seattle.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting coverage on a new GTO can save up to 30% since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will cut your car insurance premiums.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask every company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Seattle.
Local Seattle auto insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local agents is important particularly in Seattle.
After completing this short form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find a local Seattle insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out the difference between them since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you check rates from independent agents to maximize your price options. Most can insure with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle that may be able to provide pricing information.
- Christopher Togawa Insurance Agency
222 Etruria St # 110 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 838-9450 – View Map
- Ati Agency Inc
2150 N 107th St # 460 – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 522-9200 – View Map
- Spangler Insurance
431 15th Ave E – Seattle, WA 98112 – (206) 329-7447 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle willing to provide price quote information.
- State Farm: Karrie Dubose
1530 Westlake Ave N Suite 100 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 971-5400 – View Map
- Andy Hubbard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1515 NW 52nd St a – Seattle, WA 98107 – (206) 789-4211 – View Map
- Forrest Dawson – State Farm Insurance Agent
3509 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 526-2747 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Seattle, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Seattle?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Pontiac GTO.
Since many Washington drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/10 in Washington), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your GTO from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your GTO to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane and falling objects. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Liability car insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like attorney fees, emergency aid and court costs. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Washington state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like pain medications, X-ray expenses and ambulance fees. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
The cheapest Pontiac GTO insurance in Seattle is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Seattle agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers and high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is easier than you think.
Other learning opportunities
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)