Do you want an efficient way to compare cheaper Tesla Model X insurance in Seattle? Shopping for cheaper Model X insurance may seem complicated initially if you are like most people and have never completed online rate comparisons. Don’t let that stop you because there is an easy way to compare rates for Tesla Model X insurance in Seattle.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers in Washington have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. The average driver in the U.S. can cut their rates by nearly $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting the best price.
The following companies provide quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Save with these discounts on Tesla Model X insurance in Seattle
Car insurance can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked for before they will apply.
- Life Insurance Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Seattle auto insurance quote. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Model X can save you some money because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
Larger car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, student away at school, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, good student, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, accident-free, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, good student, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century includes discounts for theft prevention, teen driver, air bags, 55 and older, good student, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in Seattle, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Seattle auto insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Seattle.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
What type of Seattle auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you want to buy auto insurance from local Seattle agents, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they operate. Agencies in Seattle are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always compare prices from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Seattle who may provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Northwest Insurance Group
6055 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 932-2500 – View Map
- Roy Potter Insurance
412 Queen Anne Ave N – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0470 – View Map
- Adams Insurance
8613 35th Ave NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 523-8660 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Seattle that are able to give price quote information.
- Forrest Dawson – State Farm Insurance Agent
3509 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 526-2747 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Josh Boender
4453 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 932-2191 – View Map
- Olivia Crelencia – State Farm Insurance Agent
502 Rainier Ave S Ste 102 – Seattle, WA 98144 – (206) 725-2424 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Upon getting reasonable responses to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Seattle?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Tesla Model X Insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may result in lower premium levels. Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Low stress employer equals lower premiums – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs like scientists, engineers and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- No car insurance claims equals cheaper rates – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Washington provide most affordable rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Your location is a factor – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Higher commute times statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Keep the miles off and save – The more you drive in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Model X is just wasting money.
- Marriage discount – Getting married may cut your premiums on your policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Older drivers are lower risk – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.Young drivers are statistically shown to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
- What are your comp and collision deductibles? – Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your Tesla. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Many insurance companies will award better rates to policyholders that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still compare Tesla Model X rates in Seattle to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save more without the discount by buying from different companies
Insuring your Tesla Model X just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Tesla Model X insurance, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Tesla Model X has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Tesla for a lot more money and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so you should quote rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Shop around and save
As you shop your coverage around, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
You just read some good ideas how you can reduce Tesla Model X insurance prices online in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with the smaller companies.
More affordable insurance in Seattle can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Seattle agents, so get free Seattle auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)