Would you like to buy cheaper car insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle buyers have lots of choices when searching for the lowest priced Toyota Sienna insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Toyota and locate the cheapest rates.
You need to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best rates on Toyota Sienna insurance in Seattle last year you may be paying too much now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Sienna insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some proven techniques to save money.
This article’s intent is to instruct you on how car insurance quotes work and how you can save the most money. If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques covered below. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of how to shop their coverage around on the web.
Most of the larger companies provide price estimates online. Getting Toyota Sienna insurance prices online is very simple as you simply type in your required coverages on the page. After you complete the form, their system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on the information you submitted.
Getting online quotes for Toyota Sienna insurance in Seattle makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find the lowest payment on auto insurance.
In order to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter the coverages just like they are on your policy. This way, you will get a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sienna LE AWD||$160||$318||$334||$20||$100||$932||$78|
|Sienna XLE AWD||$136||$322||$384||$22||$114||$978||$82|
|Sienna Limited AWD||$208||$364||$294||$18||$88||$972||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise price quotes noticeably.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can raise Toyota Sienna car insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Toyota Sienna insurance prices for each different age category. The data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why you need insurance for your Sienna
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Seattle, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Toyota Sienna, more than likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $825 a year so compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but some are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Little extras can really add up – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Things like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and membership fees could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Never let your policy expire – Not maintaining insurance is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may result in a license revocation or jail time.
- How many coverages with the same company – Lots of insurers will award lower prices for people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates. It’s possible to still find lower rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Prices may be higher where you live – Being located in less populated areas is a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. People who live in big cities have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Lower population translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- When should you file a auto insurance claims? – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Washington provide discounts to people who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Toyota Sienna historical loss data – Companies factor in historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Toyota Sienna vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Toyota Sienna Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Toyota Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Sienna 2WD 99 88 99 94 98 85 Toyota Sienna 4WD 106 94 102 75 65 73
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Check for these price cutting discounts
Some insurance providers do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Senior Discount – Seniors can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Seattle Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Seattle auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include age of vehicle, multi-car, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, annual mileage, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide has savings for easy pay, anti-theft, multi-policy, accident-free, business or organization, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, federal employee, five-year accident-free, air bags, anti-theft, seat belt use, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, good driver, multi-car, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Seattle. To view insurance companies who offer free Toyota Sienna insurance quotes in Seattle, follow this link.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Insurance quotes from local Seattle insurance agencies
Some people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local agencies is especially important in Seattle.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
When researching local Seattle agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Seattle can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both write insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When comparison shopping, you will want to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with smaller companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- C. Don Filer Agency
4201 Roosevelt Way NE #200 – Seattle, WA 98105 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- BGI Agency Network Inc
4634 E Marginal Way S C 140 – Seattle, WA 98134 – (206) 682-9990 – View Map
- Vern Fonk
10301 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 408-5098 – View Map
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Seattle that can give you price quotes.
- Chris Gibbens – State Farm Insurance Agent
607 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 331-4864 – View Map
- Kent Christianson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1705 N 45th, Ste A – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 632-8000 – View Map
- Chuck McFarland – State Farm Insurance Agent
9776 Holman Rd NW #107 – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 788-4640 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
Cheap auto insurance premiums are possible
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Toyota Sienna insurance in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Seattle auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you quote Seattle auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Affordable Toyota Sienna insurance in Seattle can be found from both online companies in addition to many Seattle insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not have price quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)