Finding low cost Ford F-150 insurance in Seattle could be nearly impossible for beginners to buying insurance online. With so many insurance agents and companies, it can be hard work to lower your prices on Ford F-150 insurance.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Seattle insurance shoppers could save up to $430 every year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best price on Ford F-150 insurance in Seattle at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re going to learn how to use the internet to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
The quickest method we recommend to compare policy rates for Ford F-150 insurance in Seattle is to know the trick most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information like how much you drive, how much coverage you want, your occupation, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. Those rating factors is then submitted to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Ford F-150 now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$190||$280||$384||$22||$114||$990||$83|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$94||$164||$278||$16||$82||$634||$53|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$120||$228||$356||$22||$106||$832||$69|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$136||$244||$398||$24||$120||$922||$77|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$96||$168||$282||$16||$84||$646||$54|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$178||$288||$384||$22||$114||$986||$82|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$282||$464||$398||$24||$120||$1,288||$107|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$218||$368||$334||$20||$100||$1,040||$87|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$160||$262||$334||$20||$100||$876||$73|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$138||$228||$356||$22||$106||$850||$71|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$196||$310||$310||$18||$92||$926||$77|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$144||$216||$282||$16||$84||$742||$62|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$138||$228||$356||$22||$106||$850||$71|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$222||$310||$334||$20||$100||$986||$82|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$136||$194||$310||$18||$92||$750||$63|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$274||$426||$384||$22||$114||$1,220||$102|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$160||$256||$278||$16||$82||$792||$66|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$136||$236||$310||$18||$92||$792||$66|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$246||$448||$334||$20||$100||$1,148||$96|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$190||$284||$304||$18||$90||$886||$74|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$380||$398||$24||$120||$1,154||$96|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$136||$236||$334||$20||$100||$826||$69|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$224||$390||$282||$16||$84||$996||$83|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$326||$458||$386||$22||$116||$1,308||$109|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$180||$304||$334||$20||$100||$938||$78|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$182||$284||$386||$22||$116||$990||$83|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$136||$278||$334||$20||$100||$868||$72|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$246||$530||$310||$18||$92||$1,196||$100|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$172||$278||$300||$18||$90||$858||$72|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$274||$530||$310||$18||$92||$1,224||$102|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$180||$302||$278||$16||$82||$858||$72|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can modify price quotes noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Seattle
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no exact rule for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford F-150 book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The example below shows the difference between Ford F-150 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper car insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders increase Ford F-150 premium costs for each different age category. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Earn discounts on Seattle auto insurance
Some companies do not list every possible discount very well, so the following list contains some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Ford may allow you to get slightly better prices than normal.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current F-150 insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower premium rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, good student, claim-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include 55 and retired, good student, youthful driver, safe driver, and renewal discount.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, good student, membership and employees, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, teen safe driver, safe driver, multi-car, accident prevention training, and drive less.
Before buying, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Seattle. If you would like to view insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Seattle, click here to view.
How Insurers Determine Ford F-150 Insurance Premiums
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that go into determining your premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you big savings. Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
The following are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Experienced drivers pay less – Inexperience drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends so auto insurance rates are higher. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. The cheapest rates tend to be for lower cost passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Ford F-150 is considered a pickup truck, insurance will be similar in price than the average rate where you live in Seattle.
- Vocation stress can make you pay more – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers such as doctors, executives and accountants usually pay higher rates than the rest of us because of job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other careers like professors, historians and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Don’t skimp on liability protection – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection if ever you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Poor credit can mean higher costs – A driver’s credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Ford F-150 by improving your rating.
- Do you really need to file that policy claims? – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Washington generally give the best rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Physical damage deductibles are a factor – Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Ford. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken windshield, hail damage, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Urban areas may pay more – Being located in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated Washington areas tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- Ford F-150 claim data – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data when they calculate premium prices for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure. The next table shows the collected loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-150 Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from insurance agents
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find better rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Seattle.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is immediately sent to companies in Seattle that can give you free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you need to find a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Seattle are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Seattle that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Secord Agency Insurance
265 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 783-4024 – View Map
- Vern Fonk
10301 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 408-5098 – View Map
- Sound Insurance Agency, Inc.
9627 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 527-0888 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Seattle that are able to give price quote information.
- Brian Chambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
3206 16th Ave W – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 285-3003 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeremy Olson
7 Denny Way – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 956-0580 – View Map
- Paulla Suy – State Farm Insurance Agent
900 S Jackson St #213 – Seattle, WA 98104 – (206) 381-3733 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Seattle?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Seattle?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Where are claims handled?
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Well-known car insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make an identical promise of big savings if you switch your car insurance policy to them. How can each company offer you a better deal on Ford F-150 insurance in Seattle? It’s all in the words they use.
Insurance providers have an ideal profile for a prospective insured that will not have excessive claims. For instance, this type of driver could be married and over the age of 30, has a clean driving record, and does not commute to work. A customer who fits that profile will get the preferred rates in Seattle and will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who cannot meet these standards will see higher prices and ends up with business not being written. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s why insurance companies can make those statements.
This really drives home the point why drivers should get Seattle auto insurance quotes from several different companies. Because you never know the company that will provide you with the cheapest Ford F-150 insurance in Seattle.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
Discount Ford F-150 insurance in Seattle can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Seattle auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you quote Seattle auto insurance, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Much more information about auto insurance in Washington can be read below:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)