Are you looking for the cheapest insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle buyers have many options when searching for affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Ford and obtain the cheapest rates.
It’s smart to do rate comparisons on a regular basis because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest rate on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Seattle last year there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the only way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Companies offering affordable Ford Five Hundred prices in Seattle, WA
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance rates in Seattle
Insurance is expensive, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but a few must be inquired about before being credited.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current Five Hundred insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Seattle can earn you a little savings since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Seattle car insurance quote.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance companies have lower premium rates if you buy life insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the cost of coverage.
To view companies that offer some of these discounts in Washington, follow this link.
You may require the services of a local insurance agent
A small number of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Which family members are covered?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Seattle
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Seattle agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference between them since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Seattle exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Charles Cohen – State Farm Insurance Agent
9750 Greenwood Ave N #104 – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 784-5151 – View Map
- Chuck McFarland – State Farm Insurance Agent
9776 Holman Rd NW #107 – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 788-4640 – View Map
- State Farm – Catherine Budbill
929 N 130th St #5 – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 361-3770 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent agents in Seattle that can give you rate quotes.
- Norwest Insurance Agency
5191 S Spencer St – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 965-8140 – View Map
- Gurry and Rogers Insurance Inc
1200 5th Ave #1825 – Seattle, WA 98101 – (206) 621-6444 – View Map
- BGI Agency Network Inc
4634 E Marginal Way S C 140 – Seattle, WA 98134 – (206) 682-9990 – View Map
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to properly service your insurance policy.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, poor customer service or even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Low-cost Ford Five Hundred insurance in Seattle can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)