Purchasing budget Seattle GMC Envoy insurance quotes can seem to be somewhat intimidating for consumers not familiar with shopping for insurance on the web. With dozens of companies in the marketplace, how are consumers able to possibly compare every insurance company to find cheaper insurance prices?
Statistics show that nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in Seattle could pocket nearly 40% a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates and save money.
What Impacts GMC Envoy Insurance Costs?
Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
Listed below are some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Safer occupants lowers prices – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates.
- Discounts for married drivers – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on auto insurance. It usually means you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Driving citations drive up rates – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Having a single speeding ticket may cause rates to rise substantially. People who have flagrant violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The make and model of the car or truck you own makes a significant difference in your premium level. Since the GMC Envoy is considered a standard SUV, rates will be slightly more compared to average rates in Seattle. Economy passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Insure car and home with the same company – Most larger auto insurance companies apply a discount for people that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Car features impact auto insurance rates – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Know your credit rating – Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you could save money insuring your GMC Envoy by improving your rating. Insureds that have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
- Your employer is a factor – Careers like military generals, executives and emergency personnel are shown to have the highest rates in part from intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Other professions such as actors, historians and performers have lower than average premiums.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance rates for GMC Envoy insurance in Seattle is to realize almost all companies will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is give them rating details such as if you are currently licensed, how much school you completed, coverage limits, and if the car is leased. That rating information is sent automatically to multiple car insurance providers and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To compare rates for your car now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Buying the right GMC vehicle insurance in Washington is an important decision
Even though Seattle Envoy insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your GMC at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your GMC gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Don’t overlook these GMC Envoy insurance discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise all discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you’re not getting every credit available, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your insurance rates slightly.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, military active duty, air bags, and federal employee.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Travelers has discounts for multi-policy, home ownership, multi-car, student away at school, and early quote.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, homeowner, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, anti-theft, education and occupation, good driver, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be offered in your area.
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Seattle should be willing to answer these questions.
- Who are their largest clients?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Seattle?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Once you have satisfactory answers to these questions and the cheapest GMC Envoy insurance in Seattle quotes, chances are good that you have found an provider that is reliable enough to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
We just covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on GMC Envoy insurance in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with an unexpected company.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More detailed insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)