Want to learn a better way to compare cheaper auto insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced Honda Crosstour insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for your Honda and find the cheapest rates either online or from Seattle insurance agents.
It’s a great practice to do price comparisons quite often because prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Honda Crosstour insurance in Seattle a few years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out how to use online quotes to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Crosstour insurance in Seattle.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Crosstour insurance in Seattle.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, early bird, good driver, Steer into Savings, and air bags.
- State Farm has discounts for driver’s education, passive restraint, student away at school, anti-theft, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include teen driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, air bags, and driver training.
- Travelers discounts include payment discounts, early quote, home ownership, new car, multi-car, and driver training.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, defensive driver, daytime running lights, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available in every state.
How much does Honda Crosstour insurance in Seattle cost?
Getting cheap Honda Crosstour insurance pricing is actually quite simple. Consumers just need to invest a little time comparing free Seattle car insurance quotes to find the company with cheaper Seattle car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
When to talk to an agent
Many people just want to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Seattle.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Seattle car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- Magnolia Insurance Agency, Inc.
3424 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98199 – (206) 284-4886 – View Map
- Vern Fonk
10301 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 408-5098 – View Map
- Secord Agency Insurance
265 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 783-4024 – View Map
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Seattle willing to provide price quotes.
- Melinda Elkin – State Farm Insurance Agent
7104 Greenwood Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 784-6560 – View Map
- Lucho Singh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 Harvard Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 329-4450 – View Map
- Ezra Teshome – State Farm Insurance Agent
1510 14th Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 322-3910 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Does their agency support local causes in Seattle?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Seattle?
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
More affordable insurance in Seattle can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
We just covered a lot of ways to reduce Honda Crosstour insurance prices online in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Seattle car insurance, the better likelihood of getting low cost Seattle car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies.
More detailed insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)