How long has it been since you shopped around for low-cost Honda Pilot insurance in Seattle? Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me, many Seattle consumers are in the same pinch.
Remarkably, a study showed that the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in Washington being $1,202, drivers could pocket up to 40% a year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes. Many auto insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to find the best price available on Honda Pilot insurance in Seattle.
It is always a good idea to check car insurance prices at least once a year because car insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best rate on Honda Pilot insurance in Seattle a year ago you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of wrong information about Pilot insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn a lot of great tips on how to find cheap car insurance in Seattle.
Compare Honda Pilot insurance rates
Finding more affordable Honda Pilot auto insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. Consumers just need to invest a little time to compare rates online from several insurance companies.
It’s so easy to compare rates online that it takes the place of having to spend your day driving to all the different Seattle insurance agencies. The ability to quote Honda Pilot insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the guidance of a local Seattle agent. Although you can get the lowest quotes online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$260||$316||$386||$22||$116||$1,100||$92|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$200||$288||$384||$22||$114||$1,008||$84|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$164||$216||$282||$16||$84||$762||$64|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$238||$310||$386||$22||$116||$1,072||$89|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$124||$206||$282||$16||$84||$712||$59|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$222||$396||$334||$20||$100||$1,072||$89|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$260||$422||$304||$18||$90||$1,094||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Seattle which can change coverage rates substantially.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Honda Pilot insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Honda Pilot book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $500 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Honda Pilot insurance costs by gender and age
The information below shows the difference between Honda Pilot yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The illustration below shows how violations and accidents influence Honda Pilot auto insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Auto insurance companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Pilot insurance in Seattle.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get lower premium rates.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some companies who may offer some of the above discounts are:
If you need low cost Seattle car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Seattle. To choose insurers who offer discounts in Washington, click here.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Seattle, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda Pilot, most lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
Exclusive or independent insurance agencies
Some people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Seattle.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Seattle car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they work. Agencies in Seattle can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can do a good job, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Seattle who may be able to give you price quote information.
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Below are Seattle exclusive agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Washington?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?