Do you get overwhelmed by the sheer number of auto insurance providers that you can choose from? Lot’s of other drivers are too. Washington people have so many options that it can be a difficult challenge to find the best rates for Hyundai Elantra insurance in Seattle. Lots of people think Seattle is a great city to raise a family in, but expensive auto insurance can make it hard for many drivers to pay other bills every month.
Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Most drivers in Seattle could cut their rates by nearly 40% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
You need to do rate comparisons every six months because auto insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best price on Hyundai Elantra insurance in Seattle a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the quickest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Our objective in writing this article is to let you in on how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the techniques covered below. But Washington car owners do need to know how companies calculate your insurance rates and use it to find better rates.
Most larger insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive give prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Hyundai Elantra insurance in Seattle is fairly simple as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want on the page. After you complete the form, their rating system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted.
The ability to get online quotes for Hyundai Elantra insurance in Seattle makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to find affordable prices.
To find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input your coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Washington. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$118||$194||$256||$16||$76||$660||$55|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$106||$294||$334||$20||$100||$854||$71|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$376||$334||$20||$100||$990||$83|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$664||$398||$24||$120||$1,488||$124|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$212||$310||$328||$20||$98||$968||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower prices substantially.
Males versus Females
The illustration below compares Hyundai Elantra car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Hyundai Elantra but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
These six discounts can lower Hyundai Elantra insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, federal employee, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for multi-car, age of vehicle, good driver, professional/association, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, pay in full, teen driver, alternative fuel, business and professional, and bundle discounts.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for group or association, company car, anti-theft, multiple vehicles, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, newly married, new vehicle discount, and teen driver discount.
- SAFECO has discounts for accident prevention training, homeowner, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, drive less, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
- USAA offers discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, annual mileage, and military installation.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to view companies who offer online Hyundai Elantra insurance quotes in Seattle, click this link.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Auto insurance agents near you
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agents is important particularly in Seattle.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. You don’t have to find an agent on your own because prices are sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When looking for a local agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Seattle agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When searching for an agent, you need to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Seattle who may provide price quotes.
- Johnson Insurance Agency
9200 Holman Rd NW – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 789-5940 – View Map
- Spangler Insurance
431 15th Ave E – Seattle, WA 98112 – (206) 329-7447 – View Map
- Magnolia Insurance Agency, Inc.
3424 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98199 – (206) 284-4886 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Seattle willing to provide rate quotes.
- Forrest Dawson – State Farm Insurance Agent
3509 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 526-2747 – View Map
- State Farm – Catherine Budbill
929 N 130th St #5 – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 361-3770 – View Map
- Raymond Insurance-Pemco and Progressive
6011 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 933-8812 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Any agent in Seattle should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Car insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care, pain medications, EMT expenses and nursing services. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Hyundai Elantra.
Since many Washington drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability – This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/10 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like pain and suffering, emergency aid, structural damage and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Washington requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as falling objects, theft and hitting a bird. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Elantra resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Elantra to save money on collision insurance.
Cheap insurance rates are out there
More affordable insurance in Seattle is possible on the web and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers and even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce Hyundai Elantra insurance prices online in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Seattle car insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Hyundai Elantra insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company.
More detailed insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Seattle Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)