Would you like to stop wasting money and find low-cost insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle consumers have lots of choices when looking for affordable Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to get price quotes on a Hyundai and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Seattle insurance agents.
If you already have coverage or just want to save money, follow these tips to save money and possibly find even better coverage. This information will help educate you on how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. Shoppers only have to learn the least time-consuming way to compare price quotes using one simple form.
You may qualify for discounts for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Seattle
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less can earn substantially lower prices.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Sonata Hybrid insurance in Seattle.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the cost of coverage.
To see companies with the best discounts in Seattle, click here to view.
How much does Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Seattle, Washington cost?
Getting cheaper auto insurance pricing is actually quite simple. Drivers just need to invest a little time comparing free Seattle car insurance quotes online with multiple companies.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Washington. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Smart Consumers Know How to Quote Car Insurance for Less
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find better car insurance rates.
The following are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Teenagers vs. older drivers – More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Gender and insurance coverage prices – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Males and females get in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- City dwellers may pay more – Choosing to live in less populated areas has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims. Residents of big cities have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. More time behind the wheel translates into higher accident risk.
- Avoid traffic tickets – Getting just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. People who have careless tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Insurance loss statistics a Hyundai Sonata Hybrid – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will be charged more to insure.
The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 142 116 119 124 138 121
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is the best insurance coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
When to have guidance from an agent
Many drivers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Most agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Seattle who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Seattle?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Different types of Seattle car insurance agents
When looking for a local Seattle insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Seattle can either be exclusive or independent. Both can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know the subtle differences because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agencies in Seattle that can give you comparison quotes.
- Chris Gibbens – State Farm Insurance Agent
607 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 331-4864 – View Map
- Terry Gangon – State Farm Insurance Agent
4727 44th Ave SW Ste 100 – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 935-9955 – View Map
- State Farm: Karrie Dubose
1530 Westlake Ave N Suite 100 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 971-5400 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle that can give you comparison quotes.
- Magnolia Insurance Agency, Inc.
3424 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98199 – (206) 284-4886 – View Map
- Grange Insurance Association
200 Cedar St – Seattle, WA 98121 – (800) 247-2643 – View Map
- Norwest Insurance Agency
5191 S Spencer St – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 965-8140 – View Map
Three reasons to insure your Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance preserves not only your Hyundai Sonata Hybrid but also your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Hyundai as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When getting Seattle car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices or unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
A few companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies. More affordable insurance in Seattle can be found from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)