How long has it been since you compared quotes for more competitive car insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle buyers have many options when searching for the best price on Hyundai Sonata insurance. They can either waste time driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Hyundai and obtain the best price possible either online or from Seattle insurance agents.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes as often as possible because rates change regularly. Just because you found the best rate on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Seattle on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to find better coverage on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Seattle at a better price.
Score discounts to get cheaper Seattle insurance quotes
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could earn cheaper rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Seattle auto insurance with certain companies.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Esurance offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, good student, paid-in-full, claim free, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Nationwide includes discounts for family plan, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, and defensive driving.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply in Seattle. To view companies offering insurance discounts in Seattle, click this link.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is an easy way to save money. All you need to do is spend a few minutes comparing rates online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Washington. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$252||$472||$450||$26||$134||$1,334||$111|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$296||$450||$26||$134||$1,062||$89|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,456||$121|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$620||$404||$24||$120||$1,416||$118|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$284||$334||$20||$100||$878||$73|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$384||$320||$18||$96||$1,018||$85|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$512||$434||$26||$130||$1,348||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Seattle garaging location which can increase or decrease premium rates substantially.
Analysis of deductible levels
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Hyundai Sonata insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Most agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Seattle who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Where are claims handled?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you need to find a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive extensive training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Seattle who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Greg Nunn – State Farm Insurance Agent
200 Roy St #102 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-9700 – View Map
- Brian Chambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
3206 16th Ave W – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 285-3003 – View Map
- Jeffrey Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
4850 Rainier Ave S – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 725-8008 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to get several quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
The following are Seattle independent insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- Cairns Insurance Agency
13751 Lake City Way NE #214 – Seattle, WA 98125 – (206) 368-8117 – View Map
- Vern Fonk
10301 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 408-5098 – View Map
- Seattle Insurance
2414 SW Andover St – Seattle, WA 98106 – (206) 937-4613 – View Map
Once you have received positive responses for all questions you ask as well as inexpensive Hyundai Sonata insurance in Seattle quotes, you may have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/10 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like pain and suffering, emergency aid, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Washington requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Hyundai Sonata.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (Washington limits are 25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive car insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as theft, fire damage, hail damage, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like pain medications, X-ray expenses, EMT expenses and surgery. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your Sonata resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Sonata to bring the cost down.
Cheap insurance rates are out there
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
You just learned a lot of information how to compare Hyundai Sonata insurance rates in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
When searching for the cheapest Hyundai Sonata rate quotes, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More detailed insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Postal Workers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)