When shopping for lower-priced insurance, are you confused by the dozens of car insurance companies in your area? Washington people have such a vast assortment of companies available that it can turn into a difficult mission to lower your rates for Acura MDX insurance in Seattle. Seattle is an excellent city in which to live, but high car insurance rates makes it very hard to afford good insurance coverage.
Regrettably, nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Seattle can cut their rates by $430 a year, but they don’t invest the time required to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes quite often since insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Acura MDX insurance in Seattle last year you can probably find a lower rate today. You’ll find a ton of advice on MDX insurance online, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some of the best ways to buy car insurance cheaper in Seattle.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to reduce premiums using this strategy. This article will let you in on the best way to quote coverages and also save some money in the process Nevertheless, Washington consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how companies compete online and use it to find better rates.
The quickest method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Acura MDX insurance in Seattle takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information like your credit rating estimate, your occupation, how many miles driven, and if you require a SR-22. Your details is then submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they return rate quotes instantly.
To compare multiple company affordable Acura MDX insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Seattle.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$290||$496||$304||$18||$90||$1,198||$100|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$152||$278||$310||$18||$92||$850||$71|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$318||$540||$294||$18||$88||$1,258||$105|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$354||$664||$398||$24||$120||$1,560||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase premium rates noticeably.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Acura MDX insurance costs for different age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Save a ton by taking advantage of these eight discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better auto insurance rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Good Student – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Early Signing – Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current MDX insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your policy premium.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include good driver, anti-theft, ease of repair, location of vehicle, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including mature driver, multi-car, youthful driver, business and professional, distant student, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, renewal discount, multi-policy, good student, safe driver, and driver training.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, defensive driving training, driver’s education, passive restraint, and good driver.
- Allstate has discounts for 55 and retired, early signing, eSmart discount, farm vehicle, and EZ pay plan discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, seat belt use, military active duty, good student, and driver training.
If you want affordable Acura MDX insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not be offered in Seattle. To see providers that offer discounts in Seattle, follow this link.
Why you need Acura MDX insurance in Washington
Despite the high cost, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Acura, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Acura at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Acura gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Washington is wasting up to $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Can’t I compare rates from local Seattle insurance agencies?
Some consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is important particularly in Seattle.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can give you free Seattle auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Types of auto insurance agents
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to different regional companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Seattle who can help you get free rate quotes.
- Vern Fonk
10301 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 408-5098 – View Map
- Adams Insurance
8613 35th Ave NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 523-8660 – View Map
- Norwest Insurance Agency
5191 S Spencer St – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 965-8140 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agencies in Seattle willing to provide price quotes.
- Brian Chambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
3206 16th Ave W – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 285-3003 – View Map
- Sheila Burrus – State Farm Insurance Agent
1115 N Northgate Way – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 364-2210 – View Map
- Youkie Chambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
2505 3rd Ave #120 – Seattle, WA 98121 – (206) 441-5630 – View Map
Deciding on a auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you receive acceptable answers to all your questions and low cost Acura MDX insurance quotes, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to provide car insurance coverage.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Acura MDX.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays for damage to your MDX from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your MDX to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, rock chips in glass and theft. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical services, bail bonds and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Washington state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like doctor visits, chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage