Trying to find low-cost insurance for your Audi A7 in Washington can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time. There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Audi and find the lowest price either online or from Seattle insurance agents.
Consumers need to compare rates on a regular basis because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest rates on Audi A7 insurance in Seattle a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the easiest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Audi A7 insurance in Seattle.
If you have a policy now or just want a better rate, you can learn to find the best rates without reducing coverage. Buying affordable coverage in Seattle is easy if you know what you’re doing. Shoppers just have to know the fastest way to compare rate quotes from many different companies.
Reducing your Audi A7 insurance rates is not rocket science. Just spend a little time getting comparison quotes to find out which insurance company has cheaper Seattle auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Seattle, WA. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi A7 insurance, paying for auto insurance is required in Washington but also provides important benefits.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Audi for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your Audi but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your A7 are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Washington is overpaying over $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
How Insurance Companies Determine Audi A7 Insurance Rates
Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, although others are more obscure such as your marital status or how safe your car is. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in big savings.
The list below includes just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
Cut premiums and deter theft – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Car and home together may be cheaper – Most insurance companies afford better rates to buyers that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other Seattle A7 insurance rates to ensure the best deal.
Car insurance liability coverage limits – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in when you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Only buy extra coverages you need – Policies have optional add-on coverages that can waste your money on your A7 policy. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, towing, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
Audi A7 insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Audi A7 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Audi A7 Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A7 4dr 4WD||207||76||208||50||49||76|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Audi A7 insurance in Seattle
Some companies do not list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Audi can earn substantially lower prices.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Seattle and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount should help lower your policy cost.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- American Family has discounts for air bags, early bird, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including youthful driver, safe driver, driver training, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, safe vehicle, accident-free, multiple policy, good student, and good driver.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, IntelliDrive, and save driver.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and bundle.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, emergency military deployment, good student, federal employee, driver training, and membership and employees.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online signing.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered in every state.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Should I buy only the required Washington minimum liability coverage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
When to get advice from an agent
A small number of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Budget-conscious Audi A7 insurance is possible on the web in addition to many Seattle insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)