How long has it been since you compared cheaper Audi Q3 insurance in Seattle? Having to pay for overpriced insurance in Seattle can draw down your personal savings and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Doing a price comparison is an excellent way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Washington being $1,200, drivers could pocket 40% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop their coverage around.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO all claim big savings, bombarding you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to see past the corporate glitz and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes periodically because insurance rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal on Audi Q3 insurance in Seattle on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to find out the only way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Audi Q3 insurance in Seattle.
If you have coverage now, you should be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Seattle is quite easy. But Washington vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way companies price online insurance because rates are impacted by many factors.
Lower rate quotes on Audi Q3 insurance in Seattle with these auto insurance discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before they will apply. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Early Signing – A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Q3 insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts include:
When getting free Seattle auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Seattle.
When quoting insurance, remember that having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find better pricing.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
How Insurance Providers Determine Audi Q3 Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
The following are just a few of the factors that factor into rates.
- Your age impacts your premiums – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Extra coverages you don’t use – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and term life insurance are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Frequent claims increase auto insurance rates – Car insurance companies in Washington provide better rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- What type of car do you drive? – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you drive makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Since the Audi Q3 is considered a luxury crossover, rates will be substantially more than the average rate where you live in Seattle. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
- Audi Q3 insurance loss probability – Insurers use past insurance losses when setting rates for each model. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Audi Q3 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Audi Q3 Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi Q3 4WD 116 69 94
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Some consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Seattle who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an company should include more criteria than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the agency active in community causes in Seattle?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
When researching an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can choose from. Agencies in Seattle can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
Below are exclusive agents in Seattle willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Seattle that are able to give rate quotes.
If you feel you receive positive feedback to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
Auto insurance is not optional in Washington
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Audi in Seattle, paying for auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Q3 has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Audi at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Q3 definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Washington is wasting up to $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Quote often and quote early
As you quote Seattle auto insurance, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper Audi Q3 insurance in Seattle can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Seattle, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not offer online quoting and these smaller providers work with independent agents.
You just read a lot of information how to reduce Audi Q3 insurance premium rates online in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)