Are you irritated from trying to scrape together enough money to pay high insurance rates every month? You’re in the same situation as millions of other consumers.
A recent study showed that nearly 70% of drivers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Seattle consumers could save almost $427 every year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates and save money.
Big-name insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance promote their brand names with advertising and it can be hard to separate fact from fiction and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you are insured now, you should be able to buy cheaper insurance using this strategy. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Seattle is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Although Washington car owners must comprehend the way insurance companies determine prices because it varies considerably.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for BMW 325i insurance in Seattle is to take advantage of the fact most insurance companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information like if the vehicle is leased, how much school you completed, how old drivers are, and if you require a SR-22. That information is then sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a rate quote now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Seattle, WA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Get cheaper BMW 325i insurance rates in Seattle
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to look at vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide without raising rates if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Club Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course in safe driver is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for age of vehicle, multi-policy, ease of repair, multi-car, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for electronic funds transfer, homeowner, switch companies, pay in full, and youthful driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and driver training.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, multiple autos, good student, accident-free, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Allstate may include discounts for anti-theft, farm vehicle, utility vehicle, senior citizen, and economy car.
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and multi-policy.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Seattle, click this link.
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood Seattle car insurance agents
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Seattle that can give you free Seattle car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Seattle should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Washington?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Below is a short list of insurers in Seattle that are able to give price quote information for BMW 325i insurance in Seattle.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Seattle?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Washington?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Washington?
Get Cheap Car Insurance with These Tips
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Raising comp and collision deductibles saves money – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your BMW from damage. Some coverage claims are a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The more of the claim you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Infrequent drivers can save – Driving more miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. An improperly rated 325i may be wasting your money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance coverage states how each vehicle is driven.
Frequent claims increase car insurance rates – Car insurance companies in Washington give better rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
How’s your driving record? – Having a single moving violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. People who have dangerous violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
What are good liability protection limits? – Liability insurance will afford coverage when you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If your BMW 325i earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your BMW at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your BMW 325i and your personal assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Quote often and quote early
We’ve covered some good ideas how to shop for BMW 325i insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. They often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheap BMW 325i insurance in Seattle can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and these regional carriers work with independent agencies.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)