Want to learn how to find cheaper insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle consumers have a choice when looking for the lowest priced Dodge Durango insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to compare prices or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Dodge and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and Seattle agents.
It’s smart to quote other rates as often as possible because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the best quotes on Dodge Durango insurance in Seattle six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to get good coverage on Dodge Durango insurance in Seattle at a lower rate.
If you’re already insured or need new coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. Our goal in writing this article tell you the best way to quote coverages and also pocket some savings Comparison shoppers just need to use the proper methods to compare insurance rates from many different companies online.
Car insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in Washington
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Cheaper Seattle auto insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Seattle auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Seattle Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Seattle can save a few bucks since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Durango can be considerably cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
Some of the larger companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Seattle, follow this link.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When choosing a policy, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheaper premium rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is especially important in Seattle.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Seattle auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Seattle
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can do a good job, but it’s worth learning the difference between them since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get several quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle who may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- C. Don Filer Agency
4201 Roosevelt Way NE #200 – Seattle, WA 98105 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Sound Insurance Agency, Inc.
9627 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 527-0888 – View Map
- Magnolia Insurance Agency, Inc.
3424 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98199 – (206) 284-4886 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Seattle that are able to give price quotes.
- Paulla Suy – State Farm Insurance Agent
900 S Jackson St #213 – Seattle, WA 98104 – (206) 381-3733 – View Map
- Luan Vu – State Farm Insurance Agent
6951 Martin Luther King Jr Way S #224 – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 243-3041 – View Map
- Chris Gibbens – State Farm Insurance Agent
607 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 331-4864 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Beware of misleading car insurance ads
Washington consumers can’t get away from all the ads that promise big savings for switching from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all convey the message about how much you will save if you just switch your car insurance coverage to their company.
How does each company charge less that you’re paying now? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have specific guidelines for the type of driver that will generate a profit. A good example of a driver they prefer might be described as a married male, has other policies, and has a high credit rating. Anybody who meets those qualifications will get low prices and will probably save if they switch.
Drivers who cannot meet these standards will be quoted higher premiums with the end result being the customer buying from a different company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make claims like that.
Because every company is different, it is so important to do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because you never know which insurance companies will fit you best based on your risk profile.
You can find cheap coverage
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to compare Dodge Durango insurance prices in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Seattle auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Seattle auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
The cheapest Dodge Durango insurance in Seattle can be sourced on the web and with local Seattle insurance agents, so you need to shop Seattle auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)