Want to learn how to buy lower-priced car insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle drivers have options when trying to find low-cost Ford Escape insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for a Ford and get the cheapest rates from Seattle insurance agents and online providers.
If you have insurance now or want to find a cheaper company, use these tips to get lower rates without reducing coverage. Our goal in writing this article introduce you to how car insurance quotes work and how to save the most money. Smart shoppers just have to learn the fastest way to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
Cheap auto insurance in Seattle, WA
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$118||$194||$256||$16||$76||$660||$55|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$184||$254||$328||$20||$98||$884||$74|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$170||$310||$284||$16||$84||$864||$72|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$122||$194||$264||$16||$78||$674||$56|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$244||$426||$326||$20||$98||$1,114||$93|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$160||$304||$284||$16||$84||$848||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify insurance rates significantly.
How high should deductibles be?
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Ford Escape yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The prices are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before being credited.
- ABS Brakes - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some larger companies give discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Seattle car insurance online.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Policyholders that allow their company to look at driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Good Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Active Military Service - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for cheaper insurance rates.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, multi-policy, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, and driver training.
- SAFECO has savings for safe driver, homeowner, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century includes discounts for teen driver, homeowners, driver training, automatic seat belts, early bird, and theft prevention.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply everywhere.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
Many people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Seattle that can give you free Seattle car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does their agency support local causes in Seattle?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How long has their agency been open in Seattle?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Seattle for you
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a good Seattle insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Seattle agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can sell insurance policies, but it's important to know why they differ because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They are trained well on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
The following are Seattle exclusive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jeremy Olson
7 Denny Way - Seattle, WA 98109 - (206) 956-0580 - View Map
- Brent Amacher - State Farm Insurance Agent
2319 California Ave SW Ste A - Seattle, WA 98116 - (206) 935-0499 - View Map
- Chris Gibbens - State Farm Insurance Agent
607 W McGraw St - Seattle, WA 98119 - (206) 331-4864 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance rates, you will definitely want to contact several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent insurance agents in Seattle willing to provide rate quotes.
- C. Don Filer Agency
4201 Roosevelt Way NE #200 - Seattle, WA 98105 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
- Northwest Insurance Group
6055 California Ave SW - Seattle, WA 98136 - (206) 932-2500 - View Map
- Gurry and Rogers Insurance Inc
1200 5th Ave #1825 - Seattle, WA 98101 - (206) 621-6444 - View Map
Do drivers who switch really save?
Washington consumers can't get away from all the ads for auto insurance savings from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to convey the message that you'll save big if you just switch your auto insurance coverage to their company.
It sounds good, but how can they all charge you a lower premium? It's all in the wording.
Different companies require specific criteria for the type of driver that earns them the most money. One example of a desirable risk may be between 30 and 50, has never had a claim, and has excellent credit. A customer who matches those parameters may get the lowest prices in Seattle and therefore will save if they switch.
Potential customers who are not a match for those criteria will be quoted higher prices and this can result in the customer buying from a different company. The ads state "customers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That's the way companies can truthfully make those claims. Each company has different criteria, so drivers should compare quotes as often as possible. It's impossible to know the company that will provide the lowest Ford Escape insurance in Seattle.
In the end, you can save money
As you quote Seattle car insurance, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented a lot of techniques to lower your Ford Escape insurance premium rates in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Ford Escape insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a small local company.
Budget-conscious Ford Escape insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Seattle agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Seattle? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)