How long has it been since you sat down and looked for more competitive insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle shoppers have options when shopping for low-cost Honda Clarity insurance. You can either spend your time calling around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes for a Honda and get the lowest possible price.
This information will tell you the best ways to compare prices and also pocket some savings If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using these methods. Drivers just have to use the tricks to shop their coverage around instantly.
Cheapest companies for Honda Clarity insurance
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Don’t overlook these Honda Clarity insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Seattle auto insurance but check with your company.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Seattle auto insurance quote.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as opposed to bad drivers.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 get Seattle auto insurance on the web.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow their company to track driving manner by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, student away at school, good student, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers discounts include early quote, multi-policy, good student, home ownership, and student away at school.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, good student, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, and Steer into Savings.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for good student, new vehicle discount, new graduate, newly retired, multi-policy, safety features, and newly married.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Seattle. To view providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Seattle, follow this link.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Honda Clarity Insurance
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
- Where you call home is a factor – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas regularly have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents.
- Combining policies can get discounts – Lots of insurance companies allow discounts to insureds that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, you may still want to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
- Safer cars mean better prices – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums.
- Low comp and collision deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
- Younger vs. experienced drivers – Teenage drivers in Washington have been known to be more careless when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver to your policy can increase premiums substantially. Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Add-on coverages that aren’t used – Insurance companies have many extra coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Car insurance liability insurance limits – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
How to know if you need help
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- If my Honda Clarity is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What happens if I owe more than my Honda Clarity is worth?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Do I need an agent?
A small number of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you can get better rates and also buy local. Supporting local agents is especially important in Seattle.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Seattle who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Seattle can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the differences since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to compare prices from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Seattle who may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Norwest Insurance Agency
5191 S Spencer St – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 965-8140 – View Map
- Roy Potter Insurance
412 Queen Anne Ave N – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0470 – View Map
- Secord Agency Insurance
265 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 783-4024 – View Map
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle who can help you get price quotes.
- Olivia Crelencia – State Farm Insurance Agent
502 Rainier Ave S Ste 102 – Seattle, WA 98144 – (206) 725-2424 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Carmelita Strong
5959 Martin Luther King Jr Way S – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 725-8969 – View Map
- Dave Newman – State Farm Insurance Agent
3435 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 932-1878 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Seattle?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
After getting good answers to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
We just presented many ways to compare Honda Clarity insurance prices in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Seattle auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, poor customer service or even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies. Discount Honda Clarity insurance is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
More information is located below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Postal Workers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)