Buying the cheapest Seattle Hummer H2 insurance quotes online may be difficult for drivers who are beginners to quoting and shopping for insurance on the internet. With such a large choice of insurers available, how can Seattle drivers efficiently compare the different rates to find the lowest rates?
A recent auto insurance study discovered that the vast majority of consumers in Washington kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in America can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons before your next renewal since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best rates on Hummer H2 insurance in Seattle six months ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. There are a lot of ways to save on H2 insurance online but you can learn some great ideas on how to put money back in your pocket.
Get cheap Hummer H2 insurance in Seattle with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every policy discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers can get a small discount on rates.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current H2 insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Hummer may enable drivers to earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military can result in better prices.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, good driver, bundled insurance, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe driver, good student, and driver training.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, defensive driving training, good driver, and driver’s education.
- Travelers offers discounts including payment discounts, multi-policy, multi-car, new car, and IntelliDrive.
- The Hartford includes discounts for driver training, bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and defensive driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, anti-theft, federal employee, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Seattle. To locate car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Washington, click this link.
To find cheaper Seattle auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare quotes from different companies. The simplest method to find the cheapest insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding better pricing.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
What Determines Hummer H2 Insurance Premiums?
Many things are used when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
The following are some of the things used by your company to calculate your rates.
Avoid car insurance lapses – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license.
Additional coverages that may be costing you – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, towing, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
The higher your credit history the lower your rates – Your credit rating factor in determining what you pay. If your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your Hummer H2 by improving your credit score. People with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
Certain jobs raise prices – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like military personnel, airline pilots, and miners usually pay the highest average rates due to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers such as farmers, engineers and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Seattle?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Seattle should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Seattle?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
When researching a good Seattle insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they work. Agencies in Seattle can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below are Seattle exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
- David Lo – State Farm Insurance Agent
12705 Renton Ave S – Seattle, WA 98178 – (206) 772-3388 – View Map
- State Farm – Catherine Budbill
929 N 130th St #5 – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 361-3770 – View Map
- George Fu – State Farm Insurance Agent
9026 Roosevelt Way NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 524-0330 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Seattle who can help you get rate quotes.
- Ati Agency Inc
2150 N 107th St # 460 – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 522-9200 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance Group
6055 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 932-2500 – View Map
- BGI Agency Network Inc
4634 E Marginal Way S C 140 – Seattle, WA 98134 – (206) 682-9990 – View Map
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, buying insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your H2 has a lien holder, almost all lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Hummer at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your Hummer gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Washington is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
People switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More affordable auto insurance in Seattle is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Seattle auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to shop for Hummer H2 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)