Are you drained from wondering where the money will come from to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other people in Washington.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most car insurance policyholders have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in Seattle can cut their rates by $430 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the rate savings if they switch to a new company. Due to the increasing number of choices of insurance companies that have affordable insurance for a Hyundai G90 in Seattle, it is hard for the average consumer to find a more affordable insurance company.
Compare Hyundai G90 insurance rates
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Washington. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Hyundai G90 insurance in Seattle
Car insurance is expensive, but there could be significant discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a lower rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Seattle may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will cut your policy premium.
To find insurers who offer discounts in Washington, click here.
Protect your G90 and other assets
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Seattle, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your G90 with a loan, most lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Hyundai but also your financial assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Washington?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Seattle auto insurance agent
A small number of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Seattle who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to leave your house because prices are sent to you directly. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Seattle agents are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Seattle that can give you rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Jeremy Olson
7 Denny Way – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 956-0580 – View Map
Lucho Singh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 Harvard Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 329-4450 – View Map
George Fu – State Farm Insurance Agent
9026 Roosevelt Way NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 524-0330 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Seattle that can give you price quote information.
Sound Insurance Agency, Inc.
9627 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 527-0888 – View Map
Roy Potter Insurance
412 Queen Anne Ave N – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0470 – View Map
10301 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 408-5098 – View Map