Being forced to pay for overpriced car insurance premiums can sap your monthly budget and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Comparing cost estimates is recommended to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
A study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never taken the time to shop around. American drivers could save themselves roughly 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to do a rate comparison.
Companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO increase brand awareness with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s important to compare rates occasionally since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best premium rates on Infiniti FX45 insurance in Seattle a year ago you will most likely find a better price today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the things you must know in order to find lower rates on car insurance.
To get cheaper Seattle auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. By far the easiest way to find the lowest Infiniti FX45 rates consists of shopping online.
Comparing free quotes online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although you can compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent.
When quoting insurance, remember that having more price comparisons will enable you to find a better price.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Washington. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Protect more than your Infiniti FX45
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Infiniti in Seattle, buying car insurance is mandatory in Washington but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Infiniti FX45 with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Infiniti at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your Infiniti and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Seattle
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that help determine the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are some of the things used by companies to determine rates.
Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Infiniti is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
Save money with higher coverage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, hail damage, and having your car stolen. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance rates and your occupation – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like judges, police officers, and financial analysts tend to have the highest average rates attributed to high stress and long work days. Other occupations like actors, historians and homemakers pay the least.
Gender and insurance coverage – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Males and females are in accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Young males cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Never have coverage lapses – Driving without insurance coverage in place can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Washington department of motor vehicles.
Good credit scores equal low rates – A driver’s credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Infiniti FX45 by repairing your credit. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with bad credit.
Get lower-cost Infiniti FX45 insurance in Seattle with discounts
Some companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Seattle can get you a discount because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable their company to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance too.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving, anti-theft, accident-free, good student, business or organization, easy pay, and multi-policy.
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, driver training, anti-lock brakes, good student, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and defensive driver.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, education and occupation, anti-theft, good driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include early bird, student driver, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, air bags, and driver training.
- The Hartford has savings for vehicle fuel type, bundle, good student, air bag, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Seattle. If you would like to view insurance companies with the best Infiniti FX45 insurance discounts in Seattle, click this link.
When to get advice from a local insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower prices but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Seattle.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they work. Agencies in Seattle are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, we recommend you contact a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following are independent insurance agents in Seattle that can possibly get you price quotes.
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are Seattle exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How long has their agency been in business in Seattle?
- If they are an independent agency in Seattle, which companies do they recommend?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Upon receiving good feedback to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide insurance. It’s important to know that consumers can cancel your coverage for any reason so don’t feel you are locked into your new company with no way to switch.
Find affordable rates by comparing often
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Infiniti FX45 insurance premium rates in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Seattle auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in the articles below:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)