Are you tired of overpaying and want more affordable insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle drivers have a choice when trying to find low-cost Oldsmobile Bravada insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to find insurance online and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage on a Oldsmobile and find the lowest price from both online companies and Seattle agents.
Score discounts on Seattle insurance
Insurance can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driver techniques may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- College Student – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could qualify for lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including membership and employees, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- State Farm has discounts for good student, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance may offer discounts for paid-in-full, good student, Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, and Pac-12 alumni.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, bundle, and driver training.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Oldsmobile Bravada rate quotes, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Seattle, follow this link.
Finding cheap Seattle insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. The only requirement is to take time to compare rate quotes to find the company with affordable Oldsmobile Bravada insurance quotes.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Washington. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
The Oldsmobile Bravada Insurance Rate Equation
Many things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
- Accidents increase premiums – Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Only having one driving citation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have received license-revoking tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to legally drive.
- Liability insurance is important – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Drivers with excellent credit save – A driver’s credit history is a large factor in determining premium rates. People that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with bad credit. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Oldsmobile Bravada by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
- The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Because the Oldsmobile Bravada is a standard SUV, insurance will be slightly more as compared to the average rate in Seattle. The lowest performance passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Where you live is a factor – Choosing to live in a small town can be a good thing when buying car insurance. City drivers have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Premiums drop with age – Beginning drivers in Washington tend to be inattentive when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Do you work long hours in a demanding job? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations such as military personnel, architects and medical professionals are shown to have the highest average rates because of high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, athletes and retirees have lower than average premiums.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Oldsmobile Bravada is totaled?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Seattle insurance agencies?
Many people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Jeremy Olson
7 Denny Way – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 956-0580 – View Map
- Brian Chambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
3206 16th Ave W – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 285-3003 – View Map
- Jeff Kalvelage – State Farm Insurance Agent
315 N 36th St #201 – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 588-0559 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, you will want to contact at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are Seattle independent insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Grange Insurance Association
200 Cedar St – Seattle, WA 98121 – (800) 247-2643 – View Map
- Christopher Togawa Insurance Agency
222 Etruria St # 110 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 838-9450 – View Map
- BGI Agency Network Inc
4634 E Marginal Way S C 140 – Seattle, WA 98134 – (206) 682-9990 – View Map
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though Seattle Bravada insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Bravada, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Oldsmobile at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Washington overpays as much as $865 each year so shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How much can you save?
Budget-conscious Oldsmobile Bravada insurance can be found both online and from local agencies, so you need to quote Seattle car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Oldsmobile Bravada insurance in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Learners Permit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)