Would you like to stop overpaying and find more affordable Suzuki Forenza insurance in Seattle? Are you irritated from being strong-armed to insure your Suzuki every month? You are in the same boat as many other drivers in Washington.
A recent study showed that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in Washington kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. American consumers could save an average of as much as $859 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates.
Companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly blast consumers with advertising and it can be hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s important to price shop coverage every six months because insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the best deal on Suzuki Forenza insurance in Seattle a few years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
If you already have coverage, you will be able to find the best rates using the techniques covered below. Locating the best insurance company for you in Seattle can be easy if you know a few tricks. But Washington drivers must know how companies calculate your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
How You Can Control Suzuki Forenza Insurance Premiums
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
Add-on coverages may be wasting money – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Annual mileage impacts premiums – Driving more miles every year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your auto insurance policy shows the right rating data. An improperly rated Forenza can cost quite a bit.
Deter theft and save money – Owning a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent vehicle theft.
Lower stress equals lower rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers such as fire fighters, business owners and medical professionals are shown to have the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers such as farmers, students and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Improve your credit rating – Having a good credit score is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. So if your credit can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Suzuki Forenza if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have bad credit.
To find low cost Seattle auto insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rates from local Seattle car insurance companies. The fastest way to lower the rate you pay for Suzuki Forenza insurance involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to actually drive to each insurance agency near you. Doing it all online eliminates the middleman unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to comparison shop online and still use a local agent.
When quoting car insurance, remember that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Suzuki Forenza in Seattle, insurance is required in Washington but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Suzuki for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Suzuki and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Washington overpays as much as $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower rate quotes by applying discounts
Some insurers do not list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with slightly better rates than normal.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, anti-theft, membership and employees, air bags, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and good student.
- Travelers offers discounts for student away at school, continuous insurance, early quote, good student, home ownership, driver training, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, renewal discount, 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly married, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family offers premium reductions for early bird, bundled insurance, accident-free, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and continuous coverage.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be offered in your state.
Compare rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Seattle auto insurance agent
Many drivers just want to get advice from a local agent. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a provider is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Seattle?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Seattle?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
If you are wanting to find a local agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Seattle agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are Seattle exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so they can write business through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you should always contact multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Seattle that can give you price quote information.
After you get good answers for all questions you ask as well as a price you’re happy with, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is professional and can insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you can cancel coverage at any time so don’t think that you are obligated to any specific agency with no way out.
Smart consumers save more
When you buy Seattle auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
We just showed you many ideas to reduce Suzuki Forenza insurance rates online in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)