How many years has it been since you compared low-cost Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Seattle? Being forced to pay for pricey car insurance premiums can drain your checking account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Getting a rate comparison is a fast and free way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy. Drivers have multiple auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates for Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Seattle.
Quoting and comparing rates for affordable protection in Seattle is easy to do. If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, you can learn to reduce premiums without reducing protection. Vehicle owners just have to learn how to compare rate quotes instantly.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Seattle, WA. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FJ Cruiser 2WD||$144||$182||$304||$18||$90||$738||$62|
|FJ Cruiser 4WD||$326||$316||$386||$22||$116||$1,166||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise auto insurance rates substantially.
Age, gender, and Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance
The diagram below shows the comparison of Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The information below illustrates the difference between Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance premiums with full coverage compared to only the Washington minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive rule for excluding full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Toyota FJ Cruiser replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can impact Toyota FJ Cruiser yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Save a ton on Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Seattle with these seven discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Low Mileage – Driving less could qualify for substantially lower premium rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data submission to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags may get savings of 20% or more.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will help lower the amount you have to pay.
To find car insurance companies with discount rates in Seattle, click here.
When should I talk to an insurance agency?
A lot of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from small agencies is important particularly in Seattle.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Seattle who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Listed below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Seattle that can give you price quote information for Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Seattle.
Picking an insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Seattle should have no problem answering these questions:
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota FJ Cruiser in Seattle, auto insurance is required by state law in Washington and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your FJ Cruiser greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Collision coverage protection
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, rolling your car, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your FJ Cruiser in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/10 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as attorney fees, medical services, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Washington requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Washington drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/10 in Washington), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed and theft. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills like nursing services, funeral costs, chiropractic care and dental work. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Shop smart and save
Some insurance providers may not have online rate quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agencies. Cheaper insurance in Seattle can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to find cheaper Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)