Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more competitive Volkswagen R32 insurance in Seattle? Nobody likes having to buy insurance, in particular when they could find better rates elsewhere.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Seattle consumers can save $400 each year by just shopping around, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Due to the increasing number of options when it comes to insurance, it can be impossible to find a more affordable company.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes every six months since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the best rate on Volkswagen R32 insurance in Seattle last year you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the best ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Cheapest Volkswagen insurance prices in Seattle
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Seattle, WA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Seattle
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
Comp and collision deductibles are a factor – Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims could be colliding with a building, flood damage, and having your car stolen. Physical damage deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
High premiums for teen drivers – More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.Beginning drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Extra policy coverages you don’t use – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can waste your money on your R32 policy. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
Are you male or female? – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes have fender benders at about the same rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
The type of car you drive affects your costs – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates tend to be for small economy passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Since the Volkswagen R32 falls in the compact car class, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower when compared to the average rates in Seattle.
Insure car and home with the same company – Most insurers apply lower prices to clients that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still compare Volkswagen R32 rates in Seattle to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Save with these discounts on Volkswagen R32 insurance in Seattle
Some providers do not advertise every discount they offer very well, so below is a list some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Seattle car insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your overall premium however.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers with significant discounts in Washington, click here.
When to contact an insurance agency
Some consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is definitely important in Seattle.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Seattle who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
The following are Seattle auto insurance companies that may be willing to give price quote information for Volkswagen R32 insurance in Seattle.
George Fu – State Farm Insurance Agent
9026 Roosevelt Way NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 524-0330 – View Map
Finding a good insurer shouldn’t rely on just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Seattle?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Seattle?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
The lowest rates come from being thorough
We covered some good ideas how you can compare Volkswagen R32 insurance rates in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Seattle car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the smaller companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
When searching for the cheapest Volkswagen R32 rate quotes, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while still protecting your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)