How long have you put off shopping around for more competitive Volvo S60 insurance in Seattle? Having to pay for overpriced insurance in Seattle can deplete your funds and make it impossible to make ends meet. Performing a rate comparison is a great way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Regrettably, a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and just under half have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Seattle could cut their rates by roughly $427 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to do a rate comparison. Lots of insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to find the absolute best rates possible on Volvo S60 insurance in Seattle.
If you’re already insured or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to reduce premiums while maintaining coverages. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Seattle can be much easier if you know how to start. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the fastest way to compare different rates from many companies at once.
Companies offering cheap Volvo S60 prices in Seattle, WA
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Seattle, WA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a course in defensive driving could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used S60 can get you a discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could be rewarded with cheaper premium rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags could see savings of 20% or more.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
Companies who might offer most of the discounts above are:
When getting free Seattle car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Seattle. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Washington, click this link.
Learn How to Get Insurance at a Discount
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the things used by companies to determine your rates.
- Bundle and save – Most insurance companies apply discounts to clients who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to compare Volvo S60 rates in Seattle to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Bad credit hurts insurance rates – Having a good credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. So if your credit score can be improved, you could save money insuring your Volvo S60 by improving your rating. People that have good credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
- Vehicles with better crash test results are cheaper to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums.
- Insurance loss data for a Volvo S60 – Car insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage.
The table below demonstrates the loss history for Volvo S60 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Volvo S60 Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S60 4dr 2WD 103 85 83 76 72 65 Volvo S60 4dr 4WD 111 73 90 65 66
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Seattle?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Seattle?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Two types of Seattle auto insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable agency, there are two types of agencies that you can select. Seattle agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning how they are different because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are Seattle exclusive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Melinda Elkin – State Farm Insurance Agent
7104 Greenwood Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 784-6560 – View Map
Brent Amacher – State Farm Insurance Agent
2319 California Ave SW Ste A – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 935-0499 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Josh Boender
4453 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 932-2191 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below are independent agencies in Seattle who can help you get rate quotes.
Grange Insurance Association
200 Cedar St – Seattle, WA 98121 – (800) 247-2643 – View Map
10301 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 408-5098 – View Map
Northwest Insurance Group
6055 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 932-2500 – View Map
Be skeptical of auto insurance ads
Consumers can’t avoid all the ads for auto insurance savings by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to make the same claim that drivers will save a bundle if you just switch your auto insurance coverage to their company.
How does every company offer drivers better rates? It’s all in how they say it.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that earns them the most money. One example of a profitable risk profile might be between the ages of 30 and 50, owns their home, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any driver who fits those characteristics will probably get the lowest premium rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who may not quite match these stringent criteria may be required to pay higher premium rates which usually ends up with the customer not purchasing. The trick is to say “drivers that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much when switching. This is how companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great prices. Because of the profiling, you really should do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because you cannot predict which company will have better premium rates than you’re paying now.
A conclusion for your insurance search
When shopping online for insurance, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost.
In this article, we presented many ways to get a better price on Volvo S60 insurance in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)