Would you like to stop wasting money and find the cheapest Audi Allroad insurance in Seattle? Wish you could get a refund on overpriced Audi Allroad insurance in Seattle? You’re preaching to the choir because there are a lot of people in Seattle just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance policy.
It’s hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Most drivers in Washington could save about 40% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to shop their coverage around. Many car insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the lowest price on Audi Allroad insurance in Seattle.
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates as often as possible because rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest premium rates on Audi Allroad insurance in Seattle a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the best ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
Cheapest companies for Audi Allroad insurance in Washington
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Washington. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety class could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your auto insurance provider.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, good student, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for youthful driver, bundle discounts, distant student, multi-car, teen driver, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- American Family has savings for mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, early bird, defensive driver, accident-free, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide offers discounts for defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, family plan, business or organization, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
Check with every company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Seattle. If you would like to view insurers who offer free Audi Allroad insurance quotes in Washington, click here.
Independent or exclusive insurance agencies
Certain consumers still like to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Most agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find cheaper premium rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Seattle.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to companies in Seattle who will give you bids for your business. You never need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Washington drivers constantly see and hear ads that claim the best car insurance rates by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies state the claim that people will save if you move your coverage to them.
But how can every company charge you less for car insurance? It’s all in the numbers.
Many companies have underwriting criteria for the right customer that will generate a profit. A good example of a desirable risk could possibly be a married male, has no prior claims, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote that meets those criteria will qualify for the lowest premium rates in Seattle and will probably save a lot of money.
Potential customers who are not a match for this stringent profile will be charged higher premium rates which results in business not being written. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “people that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can make it sound like they have such great rates.
Because of the profiling, you should get Seattle auto insurance quotes as often as possible. You cannot predict the company that will give you lower prices than your current company.
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for ambulance fees, funeral costs and pain medications. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/10 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds, court costs and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Washington state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Audi Allroad.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10 in Washington), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your Allroad resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Allroad in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, theft, rock chips in glass and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can save on Audi Allroad insurance in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)