Searching for lower-priced Buick Rainier insurance in Seattle? No one in their right mind anticipates paying for insurance, particularly when they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
Astonishing but true, most insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Seattle drivers could save about $400 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they switched. Since drivers have many choices for buying cheaper insurance for a Buick Rainier in Seattle, it is very difficult to choose the most affordable insurance provider.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates before your next renewal because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest rates on Buick Rainier insurance in Seattle at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the fastest and easiest way to save on insurance.
Learn How to Quote Car Insurance at a Discount
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.
The type of vehicle makes a difference – The type of car you own makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Buick Rainier is a standard SUV, rates will be slightly more as compared to the average rate in Seattle. Lower cost passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
High credit scores save money – An insured’s credit rating will be a significant factor in determining your rates. People that have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Buick Rainier by improving your credit score.
Accidents inflate costs – Good drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Only having one moving violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have received flagrant violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Buick is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies – The majority of insurance companies provide discounts to customers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
Gals tend to take less risk – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women get in accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Washington. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance buyers beware
Washington drivers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to say the same thing about how much you will save just by moving your coverage.
How do they all give you a lower rate on Buick Rainier insurance in Seattle? You have to listen carefully.
Many companies quote their cheapest rates for the driver that will be a good risk. For example, this type of insured should be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A propective insured who meets those qualifications will probably get the lowest rates and will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who do not meet this stringent profile will probably have to pay higher prices which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “people that switch” not “everybody who quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s the way insurance companies can make those claims. This emphasizes why you need to get as many free Seattle auto insurance quotes as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will give you lower prices than your current company.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Buick Rainier insurance, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Buick, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Buick. Insurance will pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Earn discounts on Seattle insurance
Some insurers do not advertise all available discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Buick Rainier insurance in Seattle.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have lower insurance rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
A list of companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- American Family may have discounts that include good driver, defensive driver, good student, early bird, and accident-free.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, defensive driving training, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- 21st Century offers discounts for theft prevention, early bird, driver training, automatic seat belts, and 55 and older.
- Travelers includes discounts for new car, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, home ownership, early quote, and multi-car.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, military active duty, seat belt use, and good student.
When getting free Seattle auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers offering insurance discounts in Seattle, follow this link.
Buying insurance from Seattle insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
Two types of Seattle auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Seattle can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out the differences because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Seattle exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you should always include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Seattle that can give you rate quotes.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on Buick Rainier insurance in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)