There isn't a single person who likes paying for insurance, especially when they are aware that they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
Regrettably, almost 70% of insureds have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Many drivers in Washington could cut their rates by about 40% a year, but they don't believe the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
There are many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to get the best deal for Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in Seattle.
It's a good habit to take a look at other company's rates as often as possible because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best premium rates on Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in Seattle a couple years back you will most likely find a better price today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're about to find out the right way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
First Step: Get free Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance quotes
There are several ways of comparing rates from different Seattle insurance companies. The easiest way to find the cheapest Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to physically go to different agent offices. Shopping for auto insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more prices will enable you to find a lower rate. Not every company does rate quotes online, so it's necessary to compare quotes from them, too.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Washington. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade EXT 4WD||$346||$590||$294||$18||$88||$1,336||$111|
|Escalade EXT Luxury Edition 4WD||$216||$394||$278||$16||$82||$986||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can influence rates greatly.
Driving violations and accidents
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can affect Cadillac Escalade EXT auto insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Protect more than your Cadillac vehicle
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required in Washington but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Cadillac, almost every bank will require that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Cadillac at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance preserves your Cadillac and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Escalade EXT definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $810 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand some of the elements that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in big savings.
The list below includes a few of the "ingredients" companies use to determine your rate level.
- Consolidating policies can get discounts - The majority of insurers provide discounts to people who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, you still need to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Higher physical damage deductibles are cheaper - Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Cadillac. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Liability coverage is cheap - Your auto insurance policy's liability coverage kicks in if you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Pay less with a high crash test rating - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Cadillac Escalade EXT has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Earn discounts on Seattle insurance
Some providers do not advertise every discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- ABS Brakes - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims before the accident.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Cadillac could qualify for substantially lower insurance rates.
- Good Students Pay Less - Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Sign Early and Save - Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy early. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Older drivers can possibly qualify for better insurance rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Seattle auto insurance quote.
- Cautious Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Seattle auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer free Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance quotes in Seattle, follow this link.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- When should I not file a claim?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What is the minimum liability in Washington?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
Many people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Seattle.
After completing this quick form, your information is sent to companies in Seattle who will return price quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Seattle auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Seattle can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below are Seattle independent agencies that can give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle that can give you price quotes.
Lucho Singh - State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 Harvard Ave - Seattle, WA 98122 - (206) 329-4450 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent in Seattle should be willing to answer these questions.
- How long has their agency been open in Seattle?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Seattle?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Find affordable insurance prices by comparing often
Discount Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in Seattle can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, so get free Seattle auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
More tips and info about insurance is located in the articles below:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)