Having to pay for pricey Cadillac Seville insurance in Seattle can deplete your budget and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparing rate quotes is an excellent way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
It’s astonishing, but nearly 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare other rate quotes.
Many auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and uncover the absolute best rate on Cadillac Seville insurance in Seattle.
It is always a good idea to compare prices once or twice a year since insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the best rate on Cadillac Seville insurance in Seattle last year you can probably find a better premium rate now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you currently have auto insurance, you will be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Buying affordable auto insurance in Seattle is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Nevertheless, Washington vehicle owners must understand the way insurance companies price online insurance and use it to your advantage.
Lower rates by qualifying for these nine discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise every possible discount very clearly, so we researched some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Seattle without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Some of the insurance companies that may have most of these discounts are:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Seattle. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Seattle, click here to view.
When price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons will enable you to find a lower rate.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Washington. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Which is the best auto insurance?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Will my Cadillac Seville be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance agents are trained to help
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is there a local claims center in Seattle?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
If you want a local Seattle insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Car insurance agents in Seattle are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Seattle that can give you price quotes.
Alex Bagdasarov – State Farm Insurance Agent
4719 University Way NE #202 – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 946-1986 – View Map
Luan Vu – State Farm Insurance Agent
6951 Martin Luther King Jr Way S #224 – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 243-3041 – View Map
Andy Hubbard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1515 NW 52nd St a – Seattle, WA 98107 – (206) 789-4211 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Seattle that are able to give comparison quotes.
Gurry and Rogers Insurance Inc
1200 5th Ave #1825 – Seattle, WA 98101 – (206) 621-6444 – View Map
8613 35th Ave NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 523-8660 – View Map
Sound Insurance Agency, Inc.
9627 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 527-0888 – View Map
After getting good feedback to all your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide car insurance.
Insurance in Washington serves several purposes
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Cadillac Seville in Seattle, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Cadillac, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Cadillac at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Cadillac Seville but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a Cadillac Seville
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Cadillac Seville.
Due to the fact that many Washington drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Collision coverages – This will pay to fix damage to your Seville from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Seville to get cheaper collision coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses, nursing services, rehabilitation expenses and dental work. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like fire damage, falling objects, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/10 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things like bail bonds, attorney fees, loss of income, medical services and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible. Washington state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are possible
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests and even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
You just learned a lot of tips how to save on Cadillac Seville insurance in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When searching for affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)