Are you sick and tired of sacrificing to pay your insurance bill each month? You have the same problem as many other Washington drivers.
A recent insurance study revealed that a large majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Consumers in Washington could pocket approximately 40% a year just by shopping around, but most just don't grasp the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Since drivers have many companies and agents to choose from, it can be diffult for people to choose the most affordable insurance company.
It's a great practice to take a look at other company's rates every six months because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Seattle two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're going to learn the quickest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Quoting cheaper policy in Seattle is easy if you know what you're doing. If you're already insured or just want to save money, you can use this information to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Shoppers only have to learn the best way to shop for insurance from many different companies.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$156||$328||$404||$24||$120||$1,032||$86|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$252||$598||$404||$24||$120||$1,398||$117|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$158||$328||$334||$20||$100||$940||$78|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$250||$510||$340||$20||$102||$1,222||$102|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$136||$320||$350||$20||$104||$930||$78|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$252||$598||$404||$24||$120||$1,398||$117|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$274||$530||$350||$20||$104||$1,278||$107|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$226||$412||$340||$20||$102||$1,100||$92|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$248||$528||$320||$18||$96||$1,210||$101|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$196||$350||$450||$26||$134||$1,156||$96|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$200||$358||$350||$20||$104||$1,032||$86|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$274||$724||$376||$22||$112||$1,508||$126|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$312||$808||$404||$24||$120||$1,668||$139|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$220||$376||$314||$18||$94||$1,022||$85|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$258||$448||$450||$26||$134||$1,316||$110|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$266||$364||$436||$26||$130||$1,222||$102|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$222||$328||$436||$26||$130||$1,142||$95|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$272||$510||$376||$22||$112||$1,292||$108|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$220||$412||$350||$20||$104||$1,106||$92|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$234||$386||$344||$20||$102||$1,086||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change coverage rates significantly.
Car insurance rates based on gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Check for these discounts on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Seattle
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every available discount very well, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Seattle auto insurance quote.
- Resident Student - Older children living away from Seattle attending college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Seattle auto insurance quotes online.
- Membership in Organizations - Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when getting a Seattle auto insurance quote.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to track driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers are able to get better insurance rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Employee of Federal Government - Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven't had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring all your vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for multi-car, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, distant student, and bundle discounts.
- Esurance offers discounts including online shopper, claim free, Switch & Save, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- State Farm discounts include good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, safe vehicle, and driver's education.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, membership and employees, air bags, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, and seat belt use.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, multi-policy, safe driver, resident student, and economy car.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Here's why insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Seattle, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Washington but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Dodge Ram 2500. It will also cover medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $855 a year so shop around at every renewal to save money.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some people just want to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is especially important in Seattle.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Seattle that give free quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Seattle for you
If you're trying to find a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can write car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing car insurance prices, it's a good idea to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Seattle that may be able to give you free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are Seattle exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How long has the business existed?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?