If you are new to online car insurance, chances are good that you are bewildered by the sheer number insurance agents and companies all claiming to save you money.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Consumers in Washington could cut their rates by almost 40% a year, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
It’s important to get comparison quotes on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Ford Freestar insurance in Seattle on your last policy you will most likely find a better premium rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Freestar insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn a bunch of ideas how to buy car insurance cheaper in Seattle.
Affordable Seattle auto insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some must be inquired about before being credited.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates when compared with bad drivers.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your policy.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Freestar can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn substantially lower prices.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount should help lower the cost of your policy.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, driver’s education, accident-free, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, military active duty, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, homeowner, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for electronic funds transfer, early shopping, alternative fuel, multi-car, and switch companies.
- AAA offers discounts for education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- USAA offers discounts including vehicle storage, military installation, multi-policy, loyalty savings, new vehicle, family discount, and safe driver.
Before buying, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Washington, click here to view.
Compare quotes for Seattle Ford Freestar insurance
Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Washington. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance can be complex
When quoting and comparing your policy, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Seattle.
After filling out this short form, your information is sent to companies in Seattle who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, you should always contact a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Seattle independent agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Seattle Insurance
2414 SW Andover St – Seattle, WA 98106 – (206) 937-4613 – View Map
- Spangler Insurance
431 15th Ave E – Seattle, WA 98112 – (206) 329-7447 – View Map
- Michael Wong Insurance
1200 Westlake Ave N #607 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0171 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Melinda Elkin – State Farm Insurance Agent
7104 Greenwood Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 784-6560 – View Map
- Forrest Dawson – State Farm Insurance Agent
3509 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 526-2747 – View Map
- Jeffrey Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
4850 Rainier Ave S – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 725-8008 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Before buying a policy in Seattle, get answers to these questions.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Washington?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
Affordable insurance rates are out there
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just read many ideas to save on Ford Freestar insurance in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)