There isn’t anyone who looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, especially when they know the cost is too high.
It’s hard to believe, but most auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in Washington could save themselves nearly $430 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they changed companies. With so many different company options, it can be hard to pick the most affordable insurer.
Affordable companies for GMC Acadia insurance
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Washington. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$138||$250||$334||$20||$100||$842||$70|
|Acadia SL AWD||$218||$368||$334||$20||$100||$1,040||$87|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$122||$194||$310||$18||$92||$736||$61|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$248||$526||$356||$22||$106||$1,258||$105|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$198||$390||$282||$16||$84||$970||$81|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$222||$376||$310||$18||$92||$1,018||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in your specific Seattle location which can decrease or increase premiums considerably.
Cautious drivers save money
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can affect GMC Acadia auto insurance rates for each different age group. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Lower-cost Seattle car insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list their entire list of discounts very well, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger companies have better prices if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to analyze their driving habits by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current Acadia insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your premiums.
Some companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above are:
Double check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply in your area. To choose companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Washington, click here.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- When should I drop full coverage on my GMC Acadia?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agencies is still important in Seattle.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Seattle who want to provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Below is a short list of car insurance companies in Seattle that may be willing to give rate quotes for GMC Acadia insurance in Seattle.
Mark Hafemeister – State Farm Insurance Agent
14322 Lake City Way NE – Seattle, WA 98125 – (206) 365-0600 – View Map
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Seattle should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is there a local claims center in Seattle?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Do drivers who switch really save?
Washington drivers can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance by State Farm and Allstate. All the ads seem to make the promise that you can save if you change your policy.
How do they all offer drivers better rates? It’s all in the numbers.
Many companies quote the lowest rates for the driver that makes them money. An example of a profitable customer might have to be over the age of 45, has no claims, and insures a new vehicle. Any driver who meets those qualifications will most likely get cheap premium rates and have a good chance to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for the requirements may receive a higher rate which leads to the customer buying from a different company. The trick is to say “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best prices.
Because of these techniques, it is so important to compare free Seattle auto insurance quotes often. Because you cannot predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Compare but don’t skimp
You just learned many ways to save on GMC Acadia insurance in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a small mutual company.
Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Seattle is definitely available both online in addition to many Seattle insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When you buy Seattle auto insurance online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)