Are you kicking yourself for buying overpriced Hyundai Equus insurance in Seattle? Say no more because many Seattle drivers feel the same as you.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. Seattle consumers could save themselves nearly 40% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they just switched companies.
Vehicle owners have many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest rates for Hyundai Equus insurance in Seattle.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes quite often because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest rates on Hyundai Equus insurance in Seattle at your last renewal a different company probably has better premium rates today. You can find a lot of information about Equus insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the best ways to find cheap car insurance in Seattle.
Shopping around for the lowest cost car insurance coverage in Seattle is not as hard as you think. Practically anyone who is required to buy car insurance will find a lower-cost company. Although Washington car owners need to learn the way insurance companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
It’s important to know that comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so you also need to get prices from them as well.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Washington. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Paperwork-free – Some auto insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable their auto insurance company to study driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, multiple autos, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- Nationwide offers discounts for Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, good student, business or organization, defensive driving, and easy pay.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, military active duty, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good student, and pay-in-full.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, early bird, theft prevention, defensive driver, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, air bag, driver training, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
When getting free Seattle auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply in Seattle. To see a list of providers with discount rates in Seattle, click this link.
Get Hyundai Equus Insurance for Less
Many different elements are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that help calculate your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates.
Where you live factors in – Residing in a small town can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Your age impacts your rates – Teenage drivers in Washington are statistically proven to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
Type of car determines base prices – The make and model of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Because the Hyundai Equus is classified as a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Seattle. Economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts – The majority of insurance companies will award a discount to people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to compare Hyundai Equus rates in Seattle to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Marriage discount – Being married may cut your premiums on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse is viewed as being more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Claims statistics for a Hyundai Equus – Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates.
The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Hyundai Equus vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Hyundai Equus Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Hyundai Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Equus 4dr||155||83||225||85|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Seattle.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to participating agents in Seattle who will give competitive quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle that may be able to provide pricing information.
Northwest Insurance Group
6055 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 932-2500 – View Map
Johnson Insurance Agency
9200 Holman Rd NW – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 789-5940 – View Map
Ati Agency Inc
2150 N 107th St # 460 – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 522-9200 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Seattle exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
Youkie Chambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
2505 3rd Ave #120 – Seattle, WA 98121 – (206) 441-5630 – View Map
Lucho Singh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 Harvard Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 329-4450 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Jeremy Olson
7 Denny Way – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 956-0580 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Who is covered when they drive my Hyundai Equus?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- What if I total my Hyundai Equus and owe more than it’s worth?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Save $447 a year! What?
Companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the ads make the same claim about saving some big amount if you change your auto insurance coverage to their company. It sounds good, but how can they all sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is how they do it.
Different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For example, this type of driver may be over the age of 35, owns a home, and drives a safe vehicle. Anybody who fits those characteristics will qualify for the lowest prices in Seattle as well as pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who may not quite match these criteria will be quoted higher prices and the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “customers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s the way insurance companies can make those claims.
This really drives home the point why you really should get as many free Seattle auto insurance quotes as possible. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which company will give you lower premium rates than your current company.
Persistent drivers can save
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Hyundai Equus insurance car insurance rates online in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Cheaper Hyundai Equus insurance in Seattle is definitely available online and with local Seattle insurance agents, so get free Seattle auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer online quoting and these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
When searching for cheaper Seattle auto insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional information is located below:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)