Want to learn a better way to compare cheaper Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Seattle? Nobody I know looks forward to paying premiums for insurance, particularly when the prices are way too high.
Shockingly, the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. U.S. drivers could save about $850 every year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to do a rate comparison.
Big-name insurance companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO constantly bombard you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to see past the corporate glitz and find the best price available.
There are several ways to get quotes from many insurance companies in Washington. By far the easiest way to find the cheapest Land Rover Range Rover insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to all the different Seattle insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the trained guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Some companies do allow you to get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent. When quoting insurance, remember that making a lot of price comparisons helps locate the best price. Some smaller insurers do not give price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from them as well.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Land Rover in Seattle, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Land Rover at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Land Rover gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Quote Land Rover Range Rover Insurance More Affordably
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine your premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
Liability protection preserves assets – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection if ever you are responsible for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Higher comp and collision deductibles lower prices – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims could be colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
Extra coverages that may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your Range Rover policy. Insurance for rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Getting married can lower premiums – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount when shopping for insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Teenagers vs. mature drivers – More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.Young drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Do thieves like your car? – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
Land Rover Range Rover claim data – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD||159|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD||143||139||127||75||73||120|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD||169||116||332||34||104|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD||223||397|
|Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD||166||103||252||47||46||88|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help to save on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Seattle
Some providers don’t always list all discounts very well, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a set time period.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount should help lower your policy premiums.
Companies and the discounts they provide are:
- AAA offers premium reductions for good student, education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- Esurance includes discounts for online shopper, Pac-12 alumni, anti-theft, emergency road assistance, and online quote.
- Nationwide discounts include family plan, business or organization, accident-free, defensive driving, and good student.
If you are trying to find affordable Land Rover Range Rover insurance quotes, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Seattle.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Many drivers still like to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower prices and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Seattle?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Washington?
- How long has their agency been in business in Seattle?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
When searching for a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents are trained well on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle that are able to give price quotes.
Andy Hubbard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1515 NW 52nd St a – Seattle, WA 98107 – (206) 789-4211 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to compare prices from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle willing to provide price quote information.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
The cheapest Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Seattle can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)