Being forced to pay for high-priced car insurance premiums can take a big chunk out of your accounts and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Comparing price quotes is recommended to lower your bills every month.
Regrettably, the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Washington could save an average of roughly 40% each year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes online. Big companies like Allstate and Progressive persitently shower you with advertising and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Locating the best rates in Seattle is really quite easy. Vehicle owners just have to use the quickest way to compare rates over the internet.
Insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Companies do not list every available discount very clearly, so we break down a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Seattle auto insurance online.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of larger companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A partial list of companies who may offer these benefits include:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To see a list of providers offering insurance discounts in Seattle, click here.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is a fairly straight forward process. The only requirement is to take a couple of minutes comparing price quotes from different insurance companies.
It’s so simple to compare auto insurance rate quotes online takes the place of having to call or drive to local Seattle insurance agencies. The ability to quote Lexus NX 300h insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you have a complicated situation and need the personal advice that only an agent can give. It is possible with some companies price shop your coverage online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Washington. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Seattle?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Lexus NX 300h?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
What if I want to buy from local Seattle insurance agencies?
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important particularly in Seattle.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to companies in Seattle that can give you free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a local agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Seattle agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent agencies in Seattle that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company’s prices such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Seattle that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
After receiving satisfactory answers to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located an insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
The cheapest Lexus NX 300h insurance in Seattle is available both online as well as from independent agents in Seattle, so you need to shop Seattle auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
We just covered a lot of information how to shop for Lexus NX 300h insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company.
When you buy Seattle auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)