Want to learn how to save money and find the cheapest Mazda 6 insurance in Seattle? Being forced to pay for pricey auto insurance premiums can diminish your personal savings and force you to make sacrifices.
A study showed that the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Washington could pocket up to 40% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to shop around. Online insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly blast consumers with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
It is always a good idea to compare prices before your policy renews because auto insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Mazda 6 insurance in Seattle a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to find great coverage at a great price.
If you already have coverage or just want to reduce your rates, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates without reducing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Seattle is actually quite simple. You just have to know the proper methods to find the lowest price online from multiple companies.
Most companies provide prices for coverage on the web. Getting online quotes for Mazda 6 insurance in Seattle is fairly straightforward as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and returns a price. Being able to quote online for Mazda 6 insurance in Seattle simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to find the best rate possible.
To get comparison pricing now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$396||$334||$20||$100||$1,046||$87|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$376||$310||$18||$92||$992||$83|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$448||$300||$18||$90||$1,102||$92|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$396||$334||$20||$100||$1,072||$89|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$354||$304||$18||$90||$1,000||$83|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$252||$520||$356||$22||$106||$1,256||$105|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$512||$384||$22||$114||$1,278||$107|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$242||$282||$16||$84||$748||$62|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$284||$294||$18||$88||$842||$70|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$556||$398||$24||$120||$1,384||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect insurance rates noticeably.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Mazda 6 insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Choosing the best Mazda vehicle insurance in Washington is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mazda 6 in Seattle, buying auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your 6, almost all lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Mazda and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your Mazda gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $855 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Get affordable rates by applying these seven discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Student in College – College-age children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger companies have a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount should help lower your auto insurance premiums.
Some companies that may offer policyholders these benefits possibly include:
When comparing rates, check with every company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Seattle. To locate auto insurance companies that offer discounts in Washington, click here to view.
Buying auto insurance from Seattle insurance agencies
Some people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How are claims handled?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Which family members are covered?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Washington?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
Car insurance can get complicated
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Does my Mazda 6 qualify for pleasure use?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types available from car insurance companies.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for things like rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your 6 to save money on collision insurance.
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible. Washington requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from flooding, theft and vandalism. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Cheaper insurance rates are possible
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to save on Mazda 6 insurance in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Seattle auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
A few companies may not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced insurance in Seattle can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Seattle agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
Much more information about insurance in Washington is available at these links:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)