Online price comparisons for cheap MPV insurance can seem complicated if you are like most people and have never completed online rate quotes. But don’t be baffled because there is an easy way to compare rates for Mazda MPV insurance in Seattle.
Shockingly, over 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Washington drivers can cut their rates by 40% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Mazda MPV insurance in Seattle at your last renewal you will most likely find a better rate quote today. You’ll find a ton of advice on MPV insurance online, but in this article, you’re going to get some proven techniques to slash your insurance rates in Seattle.
To get affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to get quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Washington. The quickest method to find the lowest Mazda MPV rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding the best price. Some companies don’t provide rate quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Seattle, WA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mazda MPV in Seattle, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your MPV, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mazda at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Components of Your Mazda MPV Insurance Premiums
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that go into determining your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower premium levels. Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Save money by having high credit – A driver’s credit score will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit history can be improved, you could save money insuring your Mazda MPV by improving your credit score. People with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Don’t abuse insurance claims – If you tend to file frequent claims, you should expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Washington generally give the lowest premiums to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Defend yourself with liability – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Because the Mazda MPV is a van and minivan, insurance will be similar in price than the average rate where you live in Seattle.
Mazda MPV insurance discounts in Seattle
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total MPV insurance premium.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, accident-free, and student away at school.
- Esurance offers discounts including online shopper, emergency road assistance, homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new move discount, new vehicle discount, new graduate, multi-car, newly married, exclusive group savings, and teen driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for paperless, student away at school, multi-policy, multiple vehicles, good student, safe vehicle, and air bags.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, federal employee, daytime running lights, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
If you need the cheapest Mazda MPV rate quotes, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be offered in your area. For a list of insurers who offer cheap Mazda MPV insurance quotes in Seattle, follow this link.
Compare prices but still have a local Seattle insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Seattle who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Seattle?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they operate. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of the brand name rather than low price.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Seattle that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Jeffrey Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
4850 Rainier Ave S – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 725-8008 – View Map
- David Lo – State Farm Insurance Agent
12705 Renton Ave S – Seattle, WA 98178 – (206) 772-3388 – View Map
- Ezra Teshome – State Farm Insurance Agent
1510 14th Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 322-3910 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to contact independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle that are able to give price quotes.
- Propel Insurance: Marinkovich Stephen
925 4th Ave #3200 – Seattle, WA 98104 – (206) 676-4216 – View Map
- Sav-On Insurance
9614 17th Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98106 – (206) 767-7444 – View Map
- Magnolia Insurance Agency, Inc.
3424 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98199 – (206) 284-4886 – View Map
The best rates come from being thorough
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Affordable Mazda MPV insurance in Seattle can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Seattle agents, so you need to shop Seattle auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)