Online rate comparisons for cheap Sable insurance might seem complicated at first if you are a beginner to online rate comparisons. But don’t surrender to high rates because we’re going to show you how to find lower-cost Mercury Sable in Seattle.
Remarkably, a study showed that over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Many drivers in the United States could save themselves about $860 a year, but they underestimate how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy.
Finding and comparing cheaper policy in Seattle is not as confusing as people think. In a nutshell, every car owner who shops for insurance will most likely be able to find lower rates. Nevertheless, Washington consumers can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
Compare free Seattle Mercury Sable insurance rate quotes
Most larger insurance companies make it easy to get coverage prices direct online. This process is easy for anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system will order credit information and your driving record and generates a price determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Mercury Sable insurance in Seattle helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get cheaper prices.
In order to compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. This way, you’re receiving comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Washington. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Mercury, almost every bank will require that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mercury at a more expensive rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Mercury as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Washington is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discount Seattle insurance quotes
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- College Student – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Seattle without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Mercury can earn slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau discounts include renewal discount, youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for exclusive group savings, new move discount, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, newly married, multi-car, and new vehicle discount.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, driver’s education, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, paid in full, mature driver, company car, and safe driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, good student, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, anti-theft, drive less, bundle discounts, and teen safety rewards.
Check with all the companies the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to view companies that offer the discounts shown above in Washington, click this link.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agents is important particularly in Seattle.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Seattle that provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
When researching a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in Seattle who may provide price quote information.
- Northwest Insurance Group
6055 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 932-2500 – View Map
- Michael Wong Insurance
1200 Westlake Ave N #607 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0171 – View Map
- Roy Potter Insurance
412 Queen Anne Ave N – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0470 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive agents in Seattle that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Barry V. Hasson
7721 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 782-5191 – View Map
- Dave Newman – State Farm Insurance Agent
3435 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 932-1878 – View Map
- Greg Nunn – State Farm Insurance Agent
200 Roy St #102 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-9700 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Seattle?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- When do they do policy reviews?
After receiving satisfactory answers to all your questions and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to provide insurance coverage. It’s important to know that you are able to cancel your policy whenever you choose to so never feel you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency for a certain time period.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Do the work, save more money
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance companies can be less work than you think.
When getting Seattle auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Budget-friendly insurance in Seattle can be found from both online companies and with local Seattle insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)