Are you sick of overpaying and want the cheapest Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance in Seattle? Think you have an overpriced insurance policy? Believe me, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Sadly, nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared rates from other carriers. Seattle consumers can save approximately $400 each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company. Due to the abundance of companies and agents to choose from, it can be challenging to choose the most affordable insurance provider.
How to lower your Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance cost in Seattle
Getting a more affordable price on insurance can be quick and easy. You just have to spend a little time comparing free Seattle car insurance quotes to find the company with affordable Seattle car insurance quotes.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it makes it obsolete to drive around to different Seattle agent offices. Comparing Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance rate quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless your situation requires the professional guidance of a local Seattle agent. Drivers can price shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Washington
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Oldsmobile has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Oldsmobile for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Oldsmobile as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Silhouette outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Seattle is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Get affordable Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance in Seattle with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Paperless Signup – Many companies provide a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount when getting a Seattle car insurance quote.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Seattle can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Silhouette can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, membership and employees, good student, defensive driver, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers may have discounts that include IntelliDrive, student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, payment discounts, continuous insurance, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including drive less, bundle discounts, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, and safe driver.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, good driver, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
When quoting, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To choose auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Washington, click here.
Local Seattle car insurance agents and auto insurance
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Seattle who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- If they are an independent agency in Seattle, which companies do they recommend?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
The following are agents in Seattle willing to provide comparison quotes for Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance in Seattle.
Be persistent and save
Lower-priced auto insurance in Seattle is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Seattle, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance prices in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)