I really doubt anyone looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially when the cost is too high.
It’s astonishing, but most drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Washington drivers could cut their rates by 40% a year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
Online insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to ignore the propaganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes at least once a year because prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Pontiac Bonneville insurance in Seattle two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Companies offering cheap Pontiac Bonneville price quotes in Seattle, WA
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Seattle, WA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Pontiac Bonneville insurance in Seattle
Some providers do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Pontiac could be rewarded with cheaper car insurance rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your policy premium.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-car, good student, good driver, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, student away at school, good student, multiple policy, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance offers discounts including claim free, Switch & Save, defensive driver, online quote, anti-lock brakes, good student, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Nationwide discounts include good student, anti-theft, family plan, business or organization, accident-free, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Seattle. If you would like to view insurers that offer discounts in Washington, click here to view.
What Determines Pontiac Bonneville Insurance Costs?
Many factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are more obscure like where you live and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the factors that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower premium levels.
Gender matters – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse can be a quick way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower prices – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
Older drivers pay less – Older people have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.Teenage drivers have a tendency to be less responsible in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. You are unique and your insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Some people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Seattle.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Seattle who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to you. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agencies are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance rates, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Seattle that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are Seattle exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Choosing the best car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How many years have they been established?
- Is there a local claims center in Seattle?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
There are still a few companies who may not provide rates over the internet and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Cost effective Pontiac Bonneville insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
We just showed you many tips how you can lower your Pontiac Bonneville insurance rates in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Seattle car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Much more information about insurance in Washington can be found at these links:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)