Are you sick and tired of sacrificing to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are no different than millions of other consumers.
Amazingly, most car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Washington can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
Consumers have many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find the lowest rates for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Seattle.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around as often as possible because car insurance rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Seattle a couple years back you will most likely find a better price today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Seattle is quite easy. If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. But Washington vehicle owners do need to understand the way insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates and apply this information to your search.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different Seattle insurance companies. The best way to find cheaper Subaru Crosstrek rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it replaces the need to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the professional abilities of a local agent. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but still have the advice of a local agent. When comparing car insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Washington
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Subaru Crosstrek in Seattle, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Washington but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Subaru Crosstrek has a lien holder, most banks will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Subaru at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Subaru but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Washington is overpaying more than $850 per year so we recommend shopping around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Learn How to Get Auto Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower premium levels. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are less obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated Crosstrek can cost quite a bit. Make sure your declarations sheet is rated on the correct driver usage.
- Gender and auto insurance premiums – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. They both tend to get into fender benders in similar percentages, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. They also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Your employer and auto insurance rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like military generals, airline pilots, and emergency personnel have the highest average rates because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, professions such as scientists, historians and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Don’t buy extra policy coverages that may not be needed – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent car theft.
- Your liability coverage limits – Liability insurance will afford coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Higher deductibles are cheaper – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Subaru. Some coverage claims could be a dented fender, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Marriage is a factor – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Get cheaper Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates in Seattle
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available. If you don’t get every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Seattle and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive better insurance rates.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Seattle auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- American Family discounts include good student, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, air bags, early bird, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, safe vehicle, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and passive restraint.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, student driver, homeowners, teen driver, air bags, and theft prevention.
- Travelers offers discounts including payment discounts, save driver, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-policy, and IntelliDrive.
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, good student, daytime running lights, seat belt use, and air bags.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with discount insurance rates in Seattle, click this link.
Buying from insurance agencies
Some people would rather buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Seattle who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How many years have they been established?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
If you’re trying to find local Seattle agents, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are trained well in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle that are able to give comparison quotes.
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Seattle that can give you price quote information.
Upon getting positive responses in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to adequately provide insurance.
Persistence will pay off
We just showed you many ideas to compare Subaru Crosstrek insurance premium rates in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Seattle auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Low-cost Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Seattle is available both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)