Would you like an easy way to compare more affordable Suzuki Aerio insurance in Seattle? Having to pay for pricey Suzuki Aerio insurance in Seattle can bleed your bank account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Doing a price comparison can save money and help to cut your insurance bill.
Sadly, over 70% of Washington drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Many drivers in the U.S. could save up to 46.5% every year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy. Vehicle owners have many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to find a good deal for Suzuki Aerio insurance in Seattle.
These techniques will familiarize you with how car insurance works and also pocket some savings If you are insured now, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the following tips. Drivers just need to understand the best way to compare rate quotes from many different companies online.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Seattle
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- College Student – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Seattle and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay less in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could mean lower rates.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Seattle, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Seattle car insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is still important in Seattle.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Seattle who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is the quote a firm price?
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found a company that will properly service your car insurance policy.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand some of the things that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Even a single citation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Males and females have auto accidents in similar percentages, but men get into accidents with more damage. Men also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Credit rating impacts premium rates – An insured’s credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Suzuki Aerio by repairing your credit.
- Where you live is a factor – Living in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims Drivers who live in large Washington cities tend to have more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Longer commute distances means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- You might have higher premiums if you are single – Being married may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse translates into being more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Allowing your coverage to lapse raises premiums – Going without insurance is a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage can result in a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Washington department of motor vehicles.
- Optional features impact auto insurance rates – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Proper usage rating affects prices – The more miles you rack up on your Suzuki in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your policy properly reflects the proper vehicle usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Aerio can cost quite a bit.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Suzuki Aerio, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Suzuki for a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Suzuki Aerio and your personal assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $869 every year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare Suzuki Aerio insurance prices in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Seattle auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Cheaper insurance in Seattle is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Seattle, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
More learning opportunities
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)