Are you sick of overpaying and want lower-priced Volvo S40 insurance in Seattle? Expensive Volvo S40 insurance in Seattle can dwindle your bank account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, most consumers in Washington renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in America could save up to $860 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rate quotes online.
Companies like GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and find the best price available.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates every six months because rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on Volvo S40 insurance in Seattle on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about S40 insurance online, but I’m going to show you a lot of great tips on how to put money back in your pocket.
Volvo S40 insurance quotes comparison
All major auto insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get price estimates directly from their websites. Getting Volvo S40 insurance prices online can be done by anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system obtains your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on the data you entered. Getting online rate quotes for Volvo S40 insurance in Seattle simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find lower-cost auto insurance pricing.
If you want to compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will have rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Washington. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S40 T5 AWD R-Design||$274||$610||$384||$22||$114||$1,404||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase premium rates considerably.
How careless driving impacts car insurance rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders can affect Volvo S40 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Volvo S40 premium costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Insuring your Volvo vehicle just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Volvo S40 insurance, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your S40, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volvo at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your Volvo S40 but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that help determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors that factor into prices.
Save money with alarms and GPS tracking – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Drivers with high credit save on auto insurance – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Volvo S40 by repairing your credit. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with poor credit scores.
Type of vehicle determines base premiums – The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. Because the Volvo S40 is a compact car, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower when compared to the average rates in Seattle. The lowest performance passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Most companies give discounts to buyers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to compare Volvo S40 rates in Seattle to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may save even more than the discount by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Too many claims drive up rates – Companies in Washington award lower rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Do you qualify for discounts on Volvo S40 insurance in Seattle?
Companies do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the list below details both the well known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on insurance.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to track driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Seattle without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Seattle Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Progressive discounts include good student, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, distant student, youthful driver, bundle discounts, and early shopping.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, anti-theft, military active duty, and federal employee.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, Switch & Save, DriveSense, emergency road assistance, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO has savings for drive less, homeowner, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, multiple autos, good student, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Seattle. To choose providers that offer multiple discounts in Seattle, follow this link.
Do I need an agent?
Certain consumers would rather buy from a local agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Seattle.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is sent to companies in Seattle who can give free rate quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When looking for a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agents in Seattle may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Seattle that may be able to give free price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle who can help you get rate quotes.
George Fu – State Farm Insurance Agent
9026 Roosevelt Way NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 524-0330 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Do the work, save more money
More affordable car insurance in Seattle is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Seattle, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
We’ve covered many ways to get a better price on Volvo S40 insurance in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)