Would you like to buy more competitive insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle consumers have many options when looking for affordable Buick Lucerne insurance. You can either waste hours driving around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Buick and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and Seattle agents.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes as often as possible since prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rate on Buick Lucerne insurance in Seattle a few years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. You’ll find a ton of advice on Lucerne insurance out there, but we’re going to give you some proven techniques to stop overpaying for insurance in Seattle.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates for Buick Lucerne insurance in Seattle is to know the fact most of the larger companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is give the companies some data including your job, how your vehicles are used, driver ages, and types of safety features. Your insurance information gets transmitted to many different companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To compare lower-cost Buick Lucerne insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$252||$598||$356||$22||$106||$1,334||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can impact insurance rates greatly.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Buick Lucerne auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut formula of when to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Buick Lucerne replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The example below illustrates the difference between Buick Lucerne auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Earn discounts on Seattle car insurance
Companies don’t always publicize every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Seattle car insurance online.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Lucerne insurance in Seattle.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their company to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Seattle car insurance with some car insurance companies.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies that have some of the discounts shown above include:
When getting free Seattle car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to view insurers who offer cheap Buick Lucerne insurance quotes in Seattle, click here.
Local agents and insurance
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Seattle.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Seattle car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Seattle for you
If you want to use a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they function. Agents in Seattle may be either independent or exclusive. Both write insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Northwest Insurance Group
6055 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 932-2500 – View Map
- BGI Agency Network Inc
4634 E Marginal Way S C 140 – Seattle, WA 98134 – (206) 682-9990 – View Map
- Sound Insurance Agency, Inc.
9627 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 527-0888 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. They are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Seattle that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Lucho Singh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 Harvard Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 329-4450 – View Map
- Luan Vu – State Farm Insurance Agent
6951 Martin Luther King Jr Way S #224 – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 243-3041 – View Map
- Ezra Teshome – State Farm Insurance Agent
1510 14th Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 322-3910 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency requires more thought than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- If they are an independent agency in Seattle, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How long has their agency been in business in Seattle?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Seattle?
How You Can Control Buick Lucerne Insurance Rates
Many factors are used when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Incidental coverages you don’t use – There are many additional coverages that may not really be needed when buying auto insurance. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- What are good liability limits? – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- Low stress vocation equals lower rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like military generals, police officers, and miners generally have the highest average rates in part from intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs like actors, historians and the unemployed pay the least.
- Gender and insurance premiums – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Males and females have fender benders in similar numbers, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young males generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If the Buick Lucerne earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Performance makes a difference – The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Since the Buick Lucerne falls in the passenger car class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Seattle. Low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Lucerne in Seattle, auto insurance is required by state law in Washington and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick Lucerne has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Buick for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Buick as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Persistent drivers can save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is easier than you think.
Cheaper Buick Lucerne insurance in Seattle is possible both online in addition to many Seattle insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)